Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox

I hope it’s priced under $550.

First time I have seen this figure image. Looks too much like a Nox when comparing these images. Figure it is just going to be another version of the Nox. Was hoping it was the successor to the CTX. Oh well.

vanquish.JPG

equinox.JPG

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I have seen this figure image. Looks too much like a Nox when comparing these images. Figure it is just going to be another version of the Nox. Was hoping it was the successor to the CTX. Oh well.

View attachment 1717239

View attachment 1717240

In that pic it has the same shaft as the Quest pro, Maybe it will have selectable frequency like the Quest pro.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. First of all, I found the promo video hilarious. Its yet another brilliant bit of Minelab advertising. Whoever runs their ad dept needs a healthy raise. Look at how much they have all the people talking. Same thing with the EQX, same with the CTX.

Heres the basics. It has already been slipped by multiple testers and inside people. This is NOT the next CTX or EQX or E-Trac. This is aimed at the entry to mid-level detecting market. It will be based on the M-IQ technology, but not exactly the same as the EQX. There will probably be several models of it aimed at different market tiers. Since its a multi-freq it will already beat the pants off every other entry level machine. If it turns out to be waterproof (resistant) it will basically be nail in the coffin of many companies.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s more info on the Vanquish and it looks like there will be 3 models. Looks like it’s the replacent for the Xterra :dontknow: Looks like a good detector but I’m waiting to see if I can catch a Fish or Manta :tongue3:

Attachments

• D6132AA6-6B98-45A3-AA09-FC4BF9CCF4AA.jpeg
    D6132AA6-6B98-45A3-AA09-FC4BF9CCF4AA.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 35303FB4-FC2F-46EA-8871-B55F3245A5DE.jpeg
    35303FB4-FC2F-46EA-8871-B55F3245A5DE.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 0709CA37-747F-4533-9196-CFA7F20AB7F6.jpeg
    0709CA37-747F-4533-9196-CFA7F20AB7F6.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 118

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid is right. Of course, everyone who bought an Equinox may have to dump it to get this new bells and whistles mindblower. Guys, relax, it's too soon to speculate on anything. Time will tell. No rush. You can't get one today anyhow.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s more info on the Vanquish and it looks like there will be 3 models. Looks like it’s the replacent for the Xterra :dontknow: Looks like a good detector but I’m waiting to see if I can catch a Fish or Manta :tongue3:

Just keep in mind that this info is coming from a Russian page which has a long history of clickbait and making stuff up. I'd take all those "specs" with a VERY large grain of salt

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m just getting my Equinox down. Now it’s going to be Vanquished!?

What will I say to my wife when I get another detector?

“But it’s the Vanquish and it’s highly recommended!”

By whom? They’re not out yet..

”But it’s got a slick commercial for it!”

I thought you said it was your last detector..

“I meant only if I die!”

All quotes by me are said in a high whiny, pleading voice. Lol!

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m just getting my Equinox down. Now it’s going to be Vanquished!?

What will I say to my wife when I get another detector?

“But it’s the Vanquish and it’s highly recommended!”

By whom? They’re not out yet..

”But it’s got a slick commercial for it!”

I thought you said it was your last detector..

“I meant only if I die!”

All quotes by me are said in a high whiny, pleading voice. Lol!
This is what to say!

Attachments

• IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 470

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you will sell all the old ones. You will take the trash out TWICE a day. You will now do the dishes. Three times a day. And I need a nice luxury car for you to drive me to the store from now on, so go ahead and get that new detector!:laughing7: Yeah, you'll hear all of that.

Last edited:

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid is right. Of course, everyone who bought an Equinox may have to dump it to get this new bells and whistles mindblower. Guys, relax, it's too soon to speculate on anything. Time will tell. No rush. You can't get one today anyhow.

People in this country really lack common sense so you’re probably correct on people dumping their equinox for a lesser detector. Minelab probably made this detector to compete with lower models from other manufactures and also to give those technologically challenged something simpler to use. I still have two manufactures I haven’t tried detectors from but in reality it’s only one good one.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anymore. Rumors of new machines are abundant. I can still only swing one at a time.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a waterproof replacement for the X-Terra that should have been waterproof all along.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be a detector that will aim to offer a better, cheaper option than the Ace 250....which is what most newbies buy, like i did. Minelab want to take over Ace 250 sales, period. The Equinox is killing a LOT of competition, but now they wanna Take over Ace 250 market!

Matt

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=4]READING BETWEEN THE LINES[/h]A couple days ago, Minelab dropped a teaser video to this newest detector. Of course, it doesn’t come straight out and say anything, but if you can watch it with the eye of the treasure hunter, then you can find a ton of information hidden in that 45 second clip. Begin combining those clues with a few tidbits slipped by dealers after the Minelab Global Conference and we can determine quite a lot!
Peek inside the upcoming Minelab Vanquish metal detector - The Silver Fiend

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.2kg !! Yikes thats Tesoro teritory

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=4]READING BETWEEN THE LINES[/h]A couple days ago, Minelab dropped a teaser video to this newest detector. Of course, it doesn’t come straight out and say anything, but if you can watch it with the eye of the treasure hunter, then you can find a ton of information hidden in that 45 second clip. Begin combining those clues with a few tidbits slipped by dealers after the Minelab Global Conference and we can determine quite a lot!
Peek inside the upcoming Minelab Vanquish metal detector - The Silver Fiend

Great link! Thanks. Minelab would not shaft Equinox customers by offering a superior product at a cheaper price. This was the mistake made by NOKTA with the impact....releasing what was essentially the same detector only waterproof a few months later. The Impact seems to have died a quiet death...
The fact that the vanquish is RED plastic also seems to me to be marketed at a younger / newbie market. Lower shaft looks white ? or light grey? Adjustable arm rest looks to be quick release or very compact. Maybe this is the end of go find aswell as xterra. Incredibly clever from Minelab. More power to them.
Whites, FT and Garret have appeared to be floundering in response to Equinox and now this little tickle from Minelab.
I love Fisher but in my opinion the F11,22,44 was actually a step backwards from the F2 ,F4,F5 .

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also looks a bit XP Deus?

Chub

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a new thought. Remember that crappy, blurry video uploaded weeks ago? The account was crated JUST for that video. It didnt make sense and seemed like a cheap attempt to grab views to build a channel. The the description mentioned the new detector was for RELICS, BEACH and TREASURE.

Then Minelab actually releases their own video, and low and behold it shows relics, beaches and treasure. Now that first video is gone. Obviously removed under threat from ML (along with lots of other people who downloaded and re-hosted the official vanquish video).

So I'm thinking there was some actual truth in that first vid. It was only some beeping and a blurry shot of the control head, but I bet it was a blurred edit of a real QUISH video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions