ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was said... but you know how things said are...

"detector combining ground penetrating radar and multi IQ tech . Developed partially with Aust. gov funds and unlikely to be available to the public"

But ?

Also said... next Excal... but again ? ? ?

Oh and talk of the name being "Victory"... OR another detector named this.

- March 26, 2019 company MINELAB ELECTRONICS PTY. LIMITED received a trademark registration - PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the next giant leap comes,it will be GIANT. Right now we’re just kinda shuffling the deck with what’s already out there...think about when BBS and FBS came out...GIANT leap.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do I make of it? From the video link, absolutely nothing except it makes noises.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is good chance we will see the end of the XTerra 705 if not the entire XTerra series, could also see the end of the Safari and or the ETrac, being replaced by an Equinox 1000, maybe a CTX 2020 (cross between CTX 3030 and the Equinox using Multi IQ) or even an Excal III using the Multi-IQ technology.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or even an Excal III using the Multi-IQ technology.

Now this I would like to see.

Along some much needed improvements in the overall design.

Such as...

Knobs - Machined Alum at least... Stainless preffered.
Pots - Triple sealed and seated deeper.
Body - alum tube body ... or again stainless. (personally I hate plastic and there has never been a need to SEE in with the next item)
Leak detection sensor - This is a no brainer.
Screw top board - (allows user to easily remove board IF there is a "water intrusion" )
Board epoxied.
Alum sectional straight shaft with more length abilities and balance shaft abilities and leg attachments.
No set cords - Ability to switch coils is paramount.
Coil choices - at least 3 should be available.

And last bit not least... A SMART battery pack... One that shows charge status at all time... and whilst charging. *LONG overdue on ALL detectors IMO).

Sheesh even cell phones show battery status and charging rate etc. :/
-----
My version 2 Pulse ... offers MORE than an Excal as far as overall construction bells and whistles ... And around long BEFORE the excals.

LIKE... leak detection signaling... and I am not talking just "water / moisture" detection in housing...

It will even let you know IF a crack exists in the face OR problem with a knob exists... EVEN if not in water... DRY in your living room.

I found this out years ago when housing was dropped on knob... and the leak light came on after... I thought that it got screwed up somehow... but after real close inspection saw a hairline crack in acrylic face plate by a knob.
This I was impressed with... saddened by the crack... BUT I would have NEVER noticed that crack had that little added "extra" not existed.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cudamark for the "like" ... but lost when re-wrote / reposted.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a video like that, It will be hard for me to take a second look if that production is a indicator of that product. I am a hard core minelab fan but that does not fit my thought of proper advertising.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, one of my machines shows battery level...

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably going to be another high dollar machine ($1500-2500+)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be happy with a silver only machine seems do able.......

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be happy with a silver only machine seems do able.......

Right! For us silver hunters...all tuning and tweaking geared solely toward very high conductors. Somehow getting the machine to false low on iron would be nice,but that won’t happen,it’s just an inherent trait of all machines and how they perceive metal...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best advice...wait 6 to 12 months after it is out to buy one. Don't be a guinea pig. Or, if you prefer to jump to be the first on any new toy, then don't whine later it wasn't "_________" fill in the blank. With any technology it takes that long to work out the bugs. Cars are a good example.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best advice...wait 6 to 12 months after it is out to buy one. Don't be a guinea pig. Or, if you prefer to jump to be the first on any new toy, then don't whine later it wasn't "_________" fill in the blank. With any technology it takes that long to work out the bugs. Cars are a good example.

I agree it's good to wait to buy new tech so the kinks can get worked out, but that doesn't mean customers have to put up with poorly designed or tested products.

Sorry, I just have a pet peeve against companies who are lazy.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any company producing anything anywhere can hit a streak of "lazy". "Lazy" is why we have so many ecoli outbreaks and why some car airbags will kill you and why some jets just got recalled.

Let the "I can't wait folks" go through the angst to be the first, they'll be frustrated, no product's new arrival I can remember was without hickups. Give it a little time then things that have gone wrong, will have, and they will be addressed (one notable exception is a company heading down the financial toilet and not telling anyone), but in this case, six months after a new release machine of any kind and most of the kinks will be worked out.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any company producing anything anywhere can hit a streak of "lazy". "Lazy" is why we have so many ecoli outbreaks and why some car airbags will kill you and why some jets just got recalled.

Let the "I can't wait folks" go through the angst to be the first, they'll be frustrated, no product's new arrival I can remember was without hickups. Give it a little time then things that have gone wrong, will have, and they will be addressed (one notable exception is a company heading down the financial toilet and not telling anyone), but in this case, six months after a new release machine of any kind and most of the kinks will be worked out.

No, it's due to greed.

OpportunityNox

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is the new machine will be midrange to compete at a price point in line with the Nokta Simplex. All speculation at this point. Time will tell.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wake me when it's been in consumer hands six months.

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Minelab Vanquish Video

Minelab upgraded the Vanquish video!

Last edited:

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it’s priced under $550.