Metal Detector?

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have some extra specific requirements, you can't go wrong with a Nox, it's a top class device. The only two thinks i would hold against it are a built-in LiPo battery and the control box on a long handle that cannot be field stripped or folded down - some part of the detector will always stick out of the bag. But that is just a personal preference.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been some Noxs popping up with problems here and there.. if you read about that i can attest that Minelabs customer service is awesome. Its all warranty work right now but they are taking good care of the customers. I am deff glad the Nox has a 3 year warranty.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Nox fits inside my White's bag without anything sticking out. Have you had problems with the battery. I hunt with about 5 or 6 other Nox owners in one club and about the same number in a second club and Nobody has experienced a battery problem. What happened to yours? Or is it something you heard about?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Nox and it has an easy learning curve. It just makes sense to me. Good luck!

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither, Tom. I personaly dislike bateries built in the devices. I know it's a trend that goes hand in hand with consumer philosophy, powering the industry and keeping our jobs. But it shoulden't be this way.
The LiPo battery will sustain 500 - 1000 cycles, depending on its use, which will give 2 years+ to a frequent user and between 3 to 5 yeares to the moderate one, which is a fair deal. Non the less, leaving moderatly used battery unatended for prolnged time periode might finish its life prematurely. Furthermore, the battery is usually just taped to the motherboard, so if or when it inflates, it ofently damage the board and/or display. Dough the tablet computer is rather obsolete after 5 or 10 yeares, a top line detector will still be quite useful and a good performer. Yes, replacing the battery is usually not a big deal, but opening a water-proof housing might be tricky. That is why i personally prefere detechable batteries, modern or old fashion ones.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neither, Tom. I personaly dislike bateries built in the devices. I know it's a trend that goes hand in hand with consumer philosophy, powering the industry and keeping our jobs. But it shoulden't be this way.
The LiPo battery will sustain 500 - 1000 cycles, depending on its use, which will give 2 years+ to a frequent user and between 3 to 5 yeares to the moderate one, which is a fair deal. Non the less, leaving moderatly used battery unatended for prolnged time periode might finish its life prematurely. Furthermore, the battery is usually just taped to the motherboard, so if or when it inflates, it ofently damage the board and/or display. Dough the tablet computer is rather obsolete after 5 or 10 yeares, a top line detector will still be quite useful and a good performer. Yes, replacing the battery is usually not a big deal, but opening a water-proof housing might be tricky. That is why i personally prefere detechable batteries, modern or old fashion ones.

Could be worse in that the Equinox runs off of 9V batteries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread