Hello from Florida! VLF or PI
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Would you choose Makro Pro 3D 4 Search Coils VLF?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makro Pro 3 D

0 0%
  • Or Pulse Induction

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Grom
  • 1 Post By vpnavy
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By devldog
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: Hello from Florida! VLF or PI

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

May 2019
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hello from Florida! VLF or PI

Hi!
    Great to be here!

I have had so many different metal detectors minelab - Excalibur (it worked well).

Thinking about upgrading....trying to figure out should I go VLF or PI?

Seriously considering Makro Deephunter Pro Package Metal Detector Gold Prospecting New and Warranty (Four Search Heads) 3D.....yes it is an investment as I see it.
    * I have researched many...and the multi head, 3D (I love finding caves, caverns and such.)

I am blessed to be able to travel a bit. Europe, South America, Florida is my home.....I travel on the cheap. Having associates or friends in different countries does come in handy.
    * Travel with the new Motherland security is exhausting especially when I return to USA.
    * I love South America - Costa Rica, Equador, Honduras, Belize. Really would like to hookup with a research team there.
    * Would also consider being a metal detector tester in the field or company sponsored. LoL

Survived Stage 4 cancer 2007 - a few cancer challenges since then. US Army vet 12 years.

I've always been an adventurer...explorer...searching for something...idk where home is any more.

Well...back to metal detectors....after personally owning metal detectors from beginner...to where I am now has taken years.

Hopefully one of you youngsters into tech can give me a little guidance.

Look Forward to hearing from You!
    vpnavy, RustyGold and devldog like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14093 times
    1st - Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum:Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Thanks Grom for supporting T-Net!

2nd - I searched and found a bunch of threads - here are a few...

3rd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of 's Supporting Vendors.
    devldog likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Nov 2012
    46 times
    I have a friend selling his Jeohunter 3d with 3 heads for only $2000 and he loves it and don,t have use for it any longer and also he is a treasure locator as well and perhaps it could work out great .

Charter Member

May 2019
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grom View Post
    Hi!
    Great to be here!

I have had so many different metal detectors minelab - Excalibur (it worked well).

Thinking about upgrading....trying to figure out should I go VLF or PI?

Seriously considering Makro Deephunter Pro Package Metal Detector Gold Prospecting New and Warranty (Four Search Heads) 3D.....yes it is an investment as I see it.
    * I have researched many...and the multi head, 3D (I love finding caves, caverns and such.)
    >UPDATE Also considering GPZ 7000 * If anyone out here has used either - please let me know what you think about yours.

I am blessed to be able to travel a bit. Europe, South America, Florida is my home.....I travel on the cheap. Having associates or friends in different countries does come in handy.
    * Travel with the new Motherland security is exhausting especially when I return to USA.
    * I love South America - Costa Rica, Equador, Honduras, Belize. Really would like to hookup with a research team there.
    * Would also consider being a metal detector tester in the field or company sponsored. LoL

Survived Stage 4 cancer 2007 - a few cancer challenges since then. US Army vet 12 years.

I've always been an adventurer...explorer...searching for something...idk where home is any more.

Well...back to metal detectors....after personally owning metal detectors from beginner...to where I am now has taken years.

Hopefully one of you youngsters into tech can give me a little guidance.

I purchased my Excalibur used - it worked but what I didn't notice was the deterioration - rust. Little skeptical with buying used.

Look Forward to hearing from You!
    Thank You!

Charter Member

May 2019
    5 times
    Thanks Joska!
    Where is your friend located?
    Any contact info for him?
    Did he purchase it new or used?
    Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / XP ORX / MI-6 /
    7458 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Welcome to TreasureNet Grom and thank you for your service! I’d probably go with a modern VLF. Like, oh I don’t know, an Equinox 800 maybe! Best of luck in your choices.
    devldog likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21084 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    devldog likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3536 times
    Relic Hunting
    A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia and best of luck to you in choosing your new MD.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27987 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Welcome to the forum!
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2016
    Florida
    399 times
    welcome to tnet. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Cat-like reflexes with a sloth-like brain

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7430 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The Excalibur is a great machine for water hunting. It would be hard to beat it if you want discrimination. If your area is relatively free of iron junk a PI machine would be a good compliment to it. For land, look at the Equinox, CTX, or Deus depending on weight, portability, and hunting conditions. The Deus would probably be at the top of the list if you combine all those requirements, with the Equinox 2nd and CTX 3rd. I'm not sure what other needs you have for land hunting. Deep seeker, like a 2 box? GPR?
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Mar 2014
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2. Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
    333 times
    For Florida's very mild soil the advantage from a PI is minimal with most PI units. I recommend a multi-frequency unit that can discriminate.

Sponsored Links