Hello from Florida! VLF or PI

Grom

May 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!
Great to be here!

I have had so many different metal detectors minelab - Excalibur (it worked well).

Thinking about upgrading....trying to figure out should I go VLF or PI?

Seriously considering Makro Deephunter Pro Package Metal Detector Gold Prospecting New and Warranty (Four Search Heads) 3D.....yes it is an investment as I see it.
* I have researched many...and the multi head, 3D (I love finding caves, caverns and such.)

I am blessed to be able to travel a bit. Europe, South America, Florida is my home.....I travel on the cheap. Having associates or friends in different countries does come in handy.
* Travel with the new Motherland security is exhausting especially when I return to USA.
* I love South America - Costa Rica, Equador, Honduras, Belize. Really would like to hookup with a research team there.
* Would also consider being a metal detector tester in the field or company sponsored. LoL

Survived Stage 4 cancer 2007 - a few cancer challenges since then. US Army vet 12 years.

I've always been an adventurer...explorer...searching for something...idk where home is any more.

Well...back to metal detectors....after personally owning metal detectors from beginner...to where I am now has taken years.

Hopefully one of you youngsters into tech can give me a little guidance.

Look Forward to hearing from You!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

treasurenet_congrats.jpg

Thanks Grom for supporting T-Net!

tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found a bunch of threads - here are a few...

3rd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend selling his Jeohunter 3d with 3 heads for only $2000 and he loves it and don,t have use for it any longer and also he is a treasure locator as well and perhaps it could work out great .

OP
OP
G

Grom

May 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!
Great to be here!

I have had so many different metal detectors minelab - Excalibur (it worked well).

Thinking about upgrading....trying to figure out should I go VLF or PI?

Seriously considering Makro Deephunter Pro Package Metal Detector Gold Prospecting New and Warranty (Four Search Heads) 3D.....yes it is an investment as I see it.
* I have researched many...and the multi head, 3D (I love finding caves, caverns and such.)
>UPDATE Also considering GPZ 7000 * If anyone out here has used either - please let me know what you think about yours.

I am blessed to be able to travel a bit. Europe, South America, Florida is my home.....I travel on the cheap. Having associates or friends in different countries does come in handy.
* Travel with the new Motherland security is exhausting especially when I return to USA.
* I love South America - Costa Rica, Equador, Honduras, Belize. Really would like to hookup with a research team there.
* Would also consider being a metal detector tester in the field or company sponsored. LoL

Survived Stage 4 cancer 2007 - a few cancer challenges since then. US Army vet 12 years.

I've always been an adventurer...explorer...searching for something...idk where home is any more.

Well...back to metal detectors....after personally owning metal detectors from beginner...to where I am now has taken years.

Hopefully one of you youngsters into tech can give me a little guidance.

I purchased my Excalibur used - it worked but what I didn't notice was the deterioration - rust. Little skeptical with buying used.

Look Forward to hearing from You!

Thank You!

OP
OP
G

Grom

May 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joska!
Where is your friend located?
Any contact info for him?
Did he purchase it new or used?
Thanks!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet Grom and thank you for your service! I’d probably go with a modern VLF. Like, oh I don’t know, an Equinox 800 maybe! Best of luck in your choices.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia and best of luck to you in choosing your new MD.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to tnet. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excalibur is a great machine for water hunting. It would be hard to beat it if you want discrimination. If your area is relatively free of iron junk a PI machine would be a good compliment to it. For land, look at the Equinox, CTX, or Deus depending on weight, portability, and hunting conditions. The Deus would probably be at the top of the list if you combine all those requirements, with the Equinox 2nd and CTX 3rd. I'm not sure what other needs you have for land hunting. Deep seeker, like a 2 box? GPR?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Florida's very mild soil the advantage from a PI is minimal with most PI units. I recommend a multi-frequency unit that can discriminate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions