New detector= SILVER STREAK!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190519_193313.jpg 20190516_164917.jpg 2019-05-10 09.39.38.jpg
The 58' I found tonight... the others I've found this past week. Wow... I'm impressed with the land ranger pro. I've been digging only high signals and it is really helping me to not get frustrated because I'm finding mostly clad and silver! I know that I could be missing gold but where I'm hunting I don't think there is a high chance. I'll save digging everything for busy parks and beaches.

Attachments

• 20190519_193319.jpg
    20190519_193319.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t be scared to try Kildonan park. I’ve detected their so many times never had a problem. The grounds keepers look at you and could care less. No rules against detecting in our public parks or schools so no worries. As long as you can get the plug out and back in, a little dirt around the whole is no buggy. I’m more scared of the dogs that people let of their leashes in parks and schools than I am worried about a little dirt around my plugs. What you can do is take a towel with you or some guys use a frisbee and lay it down next to your plug...all the dirt you remove from your hole, place on the towel or frisbee and then after you’ve recovered your target, just simply pour the dirt back in the whole. Now no dirt or mess left on the ground.

But what I'm saying is that my plug almost always dies and leaves dry spots

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah that’s what happens. Pretty hard to dig a plug without the grass turning brown after. I’m a landscaper and it’s just what happens. After a few rains it’ll go back to normal. Wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you’re not leaving holes. Lol.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah that’s what happens. Pretty hard to dig a plug without the grass turning brown after. I’m a landscaper and it’s just what happens. After a few rains it’ll go back to normal. Wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you’re not leaving holes. Lol.

Oh ok great thanks. I've been worried about that. Whenever I went to a busy park I feel so nervous and am always looking over my shoulder. I'm glad it's not just me making brown spots... I thought I might need a more expensive digging tool that would cut nicer. Thank you so so much I appreciate it a lot! Good luck I hope you find some gold or silver.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah I hope you have a good summer with the gold finds! Maybe I’ll run into you haha.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I hope you have a good summer with the gold finds! Maybe I’ll run into you haha.

Yah maybe... if you see a girl with brown hair detecting ask if she goes on treasure net with the user name mvgirl!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread