Vero Beaches Florida - Memorial weekend? Tips?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky U . Vero is just about ground Zero for the 1715 fleet.Good luck:)Just don't detect IN the water,or above high-water mark.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On memorial weekend? Unless you are going to be hunting at night, you couldnt pay me to hunt it. It's going to be packed with people all weekend. Now, the night that everyone starts going back home, then it's game on.

Oh yeah, like RTR said STAY OUT OF THE WATER. Its under lease and you face criminal trespass for detecting in the water.

OP
OP
J

Jono

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... I'll probably hunt the beach really early AM until people start piling in. I'll definitely avoid the water. Any particular beach area to recommend?

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On memorial weekend? Unless you are going to be hunting at night, you couldnt pay me to hunt it. It's going to be packed with people all weekend. Now, the night that everyone starts going back home, then it's game on.

Oh yeah, like RTR said STAY OUT OF THE WATER. Its under lease and you face criminal trespass for detecting in the water.
Geez! Didn't know that. I have a place a couple towns south of Vero and have been detecting there for years. Good thing I never ventured up there and just had at it! I guess I'll have to read up on where NOT to go the next time I'm down there. Thanks for the heads up RTR & Jason! And Jono.., still plenty of beach to detect. Enjoy the trip!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez! Didn't know that. I have a place a couple towns south of Vero and have been detecting there for years. Good thing I never ventured up there and just had at it! I guess I'll have to read up on where NOT to go the next time I'm down there. Thanks for the heads up RTR & Jason! And Jono.., still plenty of beach to detect. Enjoy the trip!

If you are anywhere along the "treasure coast" you need to google the treasure leases. Theres a very long section of the coastline that is off limits, and there ARE people watching it every day.

OP
OP
J

Jono

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so an update after my Vero Beach trip. In summation I found nothing.

The beaches up and down are very clean... aside from the sargasso piles that seem to be common this part of the year. One morning, I hunted along Tracking Station Park Beach... I was out there at 6:45 am and hunted for about 2 hours, there was nothing to be found - it is a decent beach though and the foot traffic was light that early. The next day I spent about 2.5 hours near the Seagrape Trail Beach access area. This was by far the quietest section of beach I'd ever seen, I was basically alone for much of the morning. This are is wrought with damn sand gnats... my legs were bit constantly! I didn't get everywhere I wanted on this trip but I did get to recon and do a short hunt on some quiet beaches. I think I need a map of these areas so I can start charting places I've hunted. It was fun... hopefully I get something next time.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a ton of detectorists who hunt those beaches constantly. Then you also have to deal with sand. When you don't live there its impossible to know whether a beach is sanded in or cutting. Then you also have to deal with "beach re-nourishment" that takes place on a LOT f the most popular beaches.

At least you tried. I always travel with my gear and at least give the local spot as good a go as I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions