Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By SSargent
  • 1 Post By Toecutter
  • 1 Post By pa-dirt_nc-sand
  • 1 Post By digger27
  • 2 Post By LawrencetheMDer
  • 1 Post By Opie

Thread: Help

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2019
    SWPA
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Help

Hi all I am looking to purchase my first detector i have to stay under $300 for now i am in SWPA it will be used mainly for parks and ols homesites but would like to use it at the beach on vacations as well florida and SC i have considered a Mojave a F22 and a few others any recommendations would be helpful im leary of the Tesoro since they closed but it seems like a great first MD.

Thank You in advance
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Quest Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    772 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A freind of mine was using the F22, I was impressed by it for the price...
    devldog likes this.

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    8026 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I’m in SWPA also, started with an ACE 250 and did very well. Our soil is very forgiving so an entry level detector can kill it if you can find some good spots. Most of my best finds when I started (gold coin, largies, Reales, gold rings, etc) we’re not deep, less than 6”. I would research entry level detectors that deal with EMI the best, otherwise you will find yourself at a great permission, but a power line overhead or underground will keep you from detecting. Good luck!
    devldog likes this.

us
    May 2011
    2804 times
    Tesoros work very well but better as you learn what they are all about.
    As much as I love mine I always thought a screen unit with good info and VID numbers would be much easier to learn the basics with.
    I used to recommend the great F2, fantastic treasure hunter and way fun but it has been replaced by the more advanced F22.
    As a big Fisher fan I can assume the current lower Fisher offerings like that F22 will still be tons of fun and shockingly productive.
    devldog likes this.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.
    Annnnd now an Equinox 800

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1492 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Recently spent days reviewing all the low priced detectors out there for a sister and believe the Ace series is a great choice and in particular the Ace 400 at about $340 inc misc packages. [Like the 10khz VLF frequency and 8.5 x 11 DD coil).
    Treasure_Hunter and devldog like this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    165 times
    Metal Detecting
    SSargent, good luck on the new purchase. I would recommend getting one even a real cheap one with any, and I mean "any" type of ground tracking or ground balancing. Some will say that the turn on and go machines are good enough now that ground balance doesn't matter. But don't buy into that, it does matter as does the type of coil. If you could throw an extra hundred at it it would help but performance is where you find it. What ever you purchase remember to learn how to use the machine and practice with it. I wouldn't be afraid at using any of the $200 dollar bounty hunter stuff with their Auto tracking for the ground balance.

Good Luck!
    Stay Gold!!
    Opie
    devldog likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links