Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    393 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Do Earbuds Work Well In The Wind

When I'm hunting in the open and the wind is blowing, I have a hard time hearing the nox headphones.
    The wind noise will drown out the detector signal.
    I have audio turned up as much as my ears will take.
    Looking for something that can block wind noise.
    I want to stay wireless.
    How well do earbuds work in the wind?
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

us
    Oct 2009
    7414 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    theyre all different in how they fit your ears. Its very possible that they could work much better for you, or you may need a larger ear cup headphone. At least the earbuds will be a cheaper option to try first.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    204 times
    Prospecting
    I use theonly ones I can find with an ear hook and an actual speaker. Not the kind that inserts. I have head phones and they do a good job of isolating from noise and, clarity. However, I find them too hot and uncomfortable. I actually have to place the speaker on the ear bud type that I have slightly away from my ear and they are plenty loud. With my compadre, the sound it startiling. With my other unit, I only turn the volume up part way before it becomes uncomfortable. I like that I can hear other sounds as well just fine. I go by myself a lot and being able to adjust my sound system is a nice feature for me. I only use these. My brother thinks I'm missing signals. I couldn't understand why. I have ear phones too. I think these are just fine and wayyy more comfortable.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headset.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	1715560
    These are not wireless, however, I have made a system that uses these wirelessly. I use a tiny fm transmitter attached to my detector and I have a tiny MP3 player that has a radio receiver that these plug into. It works flawlesly. I have volume control too with the MP3 player.
    Last edited by Tahoegold; May 24, 2019 at 12:30 AM.

Head digger

Feb 2013
    Midlothian, va
    Whites Mxt and mxt pro
    2 times
    I have no knowledge of the mp3, however I have experienced the Garrett's Garrett's Zlink wireless system on my whites machines, its fast response and now detectors act superpowered. There some good YouTube videos online

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    204 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomoejoe View Post
    I have no knowledge of the mp3, however I have experienced the Garrett's Garrett's Zlink wireless system on my whites machines, its fast response and now detectors act superpowered. There some good YouTube videos online
    You should check out Sandisk or Sanyo MP3 player wth FM radio. $35 or less. SCOSCHE FMT4R TuneIn Battery Powered Universal Wireless FM Transmitter $8. Ear buds $20. So, for about $65 you get something like the $100 Z-link which includes the ear phones.
    The Z-link is a transmitter and a receiver only, for $100. Plus, with the MP3 player you can play music, listen to radio and even play music over your car radio! I find the fidelity of this set up to be very good.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links