Do Earbuds Work Well In The Wind

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theyre all different in how they fit your ears. Its very possible that they could work much better for you, or you may need a larger ear cup headphone. At least the earbuds will be a cheaper option to try first.

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use theonly ones I can find with an ear hook and an actual speaker. Not the kind that inserts. I have head phones and they do a good job of isolating from noise and, clarity. However, I find them too hot and uncomfortable. I actually have to place the speaker on the ear bud type that I have slightly away from my ear and they are plenty loud. With my compadre, the sound it startiling. With my other unit, I only turn the volume up part way before it becomes uncomfortable. I like that I can hear other sounds as well just fine. I go by myself a lot and being able to adjust my sound system is a nice feature for me. I only use these. My brother thinks I'm missing signals. I couldn't understand why. I have ear phones too. I think these are just fine and wayyy more comfortable. headset.jpg
These are not wireless, however, I have made a system that uses these wirelessly. I use a tiny fm transmitter attached to my detector and I have a tiny MP3 player that has a radio receiver that these plug into. It works flawlesly. I have volume control too with the MP3 player.

Last edited:

kokomoejoe

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Midlothian, va
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt and mxt pro
I have no knowledge of the mp3, however I have experienced the Garrett's Garrett's Zlink wireless system on my whites machines, its fast response and now detectors act superpowered. There some good YouTube videos online

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no knowledge of the mp3, however I have experienced the Garrett's Garrett's Zlink wireless system on my whites machines, its fast response and now detectors act superpowered. There some good YouTube videos online
You should check out Sandisk or Sanyo MP3 player wth FM radio. $35 or less. SCOSCHE FMT4R TuneIn Battery Powered Universal Wireless FM Transmitter $8. Ear buds $20. So, for about $65 you get something like the $100 Z-link which includes the ear phones.
The Z-link is a transmitter and a receiver only, for $100. Plus, with the MP3 player you can play music, listen to radio and even play music over your car radio! I find the fidelity of this set up to be very good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread