Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that confession is good for the soul so here goes ...

My wife and I went to the beach this weekend for a family retreat with our Sunday school class. I planned to do some detecting on the beach while my grandchildren played in the surf with their parents and their Mimi.

I charged up my EQ-600, put my scoop and shovel in the truck along with my side pouch and pin-pointer. We packed the truck and took off on Thursday morning about 9:00 a.m. About 9:30, my wife looked in the back seat and asked, "where is your metal detector"?

Fortunately, I keep an older Tesoro in the truck for the occasional "emergency" detecting opportunity so I wasn't completely skunked.

The lesson is obvious. I think I'll invoke the use of a checklist before I head out on a trip from now on. Lesson learned.

Upvote 0

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It happens. My buddy and I once got to the boat launch without the boat. Go figure.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stuck in traffic along one of our beach roads and watched two guys at the boat ramp drag their kayaks out of the water and load their fishing poles,small cooler and jackets in the bed of the truck and drive off to get into the traffic jamb, with both kayaks and paddles still sitting there.They didn't get far before a beach cop who was also watching pulled the over....traffic moved on but I wondered what they were thinking....or rather drinking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread