Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree287Likes

Thread: I have been challenged! Help me choose my weapon.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Robbinsdale, MN
    White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
    829 times
    Metal Detecting
    The thing about it is: you're going to be digging a ton of targets to try and give yourself the advantage. He's probably going to be detecting as usual. I wouldn't be surprised if you came out ahead in jewelry from digging all the pulltab signals.
    Terry Soloman and dsdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    10554 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Couple years ago I paid $209.00 for this brand new & free shipping.Lot of MD for the price, and its only 2.5 pounds good luck...
    https://mans.io/files/viewer/666998/1Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	1718895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	1718898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	1718900
    Last edited by RTR; Jun 03, 2019 at 06:30 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"

Apr 2019
    The Treasure Coast
    Yukon Coin Hustler II, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
    354 times
    My money is on you. You got this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dowsing.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	1718911

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4538 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well Terry you recommended the Tesoro Compadre for my granddaughter and she has done very well with it but Loco's analysis of the F22 is spot on IMHO.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Whites V3i, Whites MX5, Fisher F22
    465 times
    I suppose it will depend on the sites you hunt but I would lean towards a compadre or coinmaster with a small 5.3 coil. You won't have the depth but you might be able to hold your own on the separation. I hunted my first year with the F22 and its a great tot lot machine you can turn the sens down and get pinpointer close to playground poles. The F22 has decent entry-level vdi to 4-6" inches but it down averages targets and but I sure found a lot with that machine.

I actually just gave my F22 away to a young kid who couldn't afford a metal detector and I'm looking forward to seeing his finds. Had I not I would have volunteered its service for this challenge.

(The DD coil might help some but the thought of going up against a Deus seems like suicide)

If the Compadre can unmask as good as the other Tesoro's and the Coinmaster should be similiar to my new favorite machine the MX5 then I would like my chances at the parks and maybe home sites. I would love to see a live video feed of this showdown though!

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    308 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    So when is this great matchup going to take place? FTR, my bet is on you Terry. That pic of you almost looked like myself back in the day and it seems I'm about a year older than you. Keep us appraised.

I have to ask if you guys will only use the detectors or will you be able to use a pinpointer too? This can make a big difference.
    Last edited by Swaveab; Jun 03, 2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: addition question
    Terry Soloman, dsdigger and U.B. like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22259 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    So when is this great matchup going to take place? FTR, my bet is on you Terry. That pic of you almost looked like myself back in the day and it seems I'm about a year older than you. Keep us appraised.

I have to ask if you guys will only use the detectors or will you be able to use a pinpointer too? This can make a big difference.
    We start this Saturday, weather permitting. I'm going to use the Teknetics Eurotek Pro, which was sent to me by Keith at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. Keith sponsors my Youtube Channel, and thinks I can beat this young up and comer (or at least hold my own), with the 11" Double D on the ET Pro. Yeah Swaveab, I'll let the kid use a pinpointer. He'll need all the help he can get!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	1719141  
    Last edited by Terry Soloman; Jun 03, 2019 at 09:19 PM.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5134 times
    2019.....Gold rings..37..Misc/gold 4.....Silver/Sterling 120
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This story has been told before...David and Goliath..

Good Luck David

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    16627 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    We start this Saturday, weather permitting. I'm going to use the Teknetics Eurotek Pro, which was sent to me by Keith at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. Keith sponsors my Youtube Channel, and thinks I can beat this young up and comer (or at least hold my own), with the 11" Double D on the ET Pro. Yeah Swaveab, I'll let the kid use a pinpointer. He'll need all the help he can get!
    nice choice. I like how it has a volume setting were you can mute out iron signals
    Hoping to join the Marines one day

'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    305 times
    Metal Detecting
    You may have lost before you even get started from breaking the agreement on retail price. That detector you received retails for $300.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrets AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    222 times
    Hope you mix up the hunts some. Maybe a relic hunt somewhere other than parks. Parks are fine too. Maybe a wet area. They all need different approaches.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22259 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    You may have lost before you even get started from breaking the agreement on retail price. That detector you received retails for $300.
    http://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors...cs-eurotek-pro

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    2612 times
    Sheesh!! I wish my old BFO was still working, I'd join you just to show younger folks how well those old machines did. Just dig a bit more trash with them but gold chains rang out well on them. XP, Nox, CTX3030, Bounty Hunter, F2, I don't think it makes a difference if you are hunting the same site. The only exception may be on a silted in site or a heavily landscaped one where targets are unnaturally deep. One person will have better luck on any given day than all others on the same site no matter which machine they are using. All you gotta do is get your coil over a good target which is more luck than skill, I am sure you know the drill well and hopefully you'll come out on top or even.
    dsdigger and Terry Soloman like this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    755 times
    You got this Terry! That machine should be near the performance of the Delta 4000 which I bought for my nephew several years ago. Of course I had to test it out before giving it to him and I was very impressed with depth and performance. I feel with your experience you will easily come out on top. I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Steve
    dsdigger and Terry Soloman like this.
    Research and ye shall find!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    755 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    Sheesh!! I wish my old BFO was still working, I'd join you just to show younger folks how well those old machines did. Just dig a bit more trash with them but gold chains rang out well on them. XP, Nox, CTX3030, Bounty Hunter, F2, I don't think it makes a difference if you are hunting the same site. The only exception may be on a silted in site or a heavily landscaped one where targets are unnaturally deep. One person will have better luck on any given day than all others on the same site no matter which machine they are using. All you gotta do is get your coil over a good target which is more luck than skill, I am sure you know the drill well and hopefully you'll come out on top or even.
    Gunsil, do you remember the old Bounty Hunter Mini Red Baron? It was a simple little detector with a 6 inch coil. I had one as a teenager and it was a silver magnet! I would take it to old fair grounds absolutely loaded with steel bottle caps and pull tabs and just cherry pick all kinds of silver left behind by the high end Whites and Garrets guys were using back then. I didn't dig much trash either.
    Research and ye shall find!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links