Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree287Likes

Thread: I have been challenged! Help me choose my weapon.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1124 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Terry, Experience does matter and even with a machine that you are not used to, you'll get it down and be putting yourself in front quickly! This will be interesting.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    67 times
    Eurotek Pro is not a bad choice. Unless the ground will be highly mineralized, yuo will be a hard competitor. I would use small coil to avoid deep targets - more shallow targets can be digged in the same thime with the same probability to be good or bad as deep ones. So you can bit him on statistics.

There is a lot of salt in what you are doing. The fact is, in 95% of what the average detectorist needs the differeces between a fair and a top line VLF are minute. However, as the enviroment conditions becomes harsher, the advantages of top line VLF will rapidly manifest. You should avoid biches and salty water, highly mineralized areas and almost hounted-out areas where only deep targets remained - unless you intend to use the larger DD coil. I believe you will be quite even with that machine on heavy contaminated places, the small coil is a plus here. Good luck, and do report how it turned out.
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Jun 04, 2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    24253 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I'm a firm believer in the experience of the operator! I've used the ACE 250 and was a very good machine for the money. Now with the "better" machines I use, still dig almost everything just deeper.

Good Luck Terry!
    Terry Soloman, RustyGold and SD51 like this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1492 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    DRUM ROLL......And the WINNER IS?
    (Also show us your finds.)
    Terry Soloman and SD51 like this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrets AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    224 times
    Good luck today if ya'll get out!
    Terry Soloman and SD51 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6977 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    We start this Saturday, weather permitting. I'm going to use the Teknetics Eurotek Pro, which was sent to me by Keith at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. Keith sponsors my Youtube Channel, and thinks I can beat this young up and comer (or at least hold my own), with the 11" Double D on the ET Pro. Yeah Swaveab, I'll let the kid use a pinpointer. He'll need all the help he can get!
    All I can say is you could, with your experience, do it with a BROKEN Bounty hunter! TTC
    RustyGold, Terry Soloman and SD51 like this.
    I can't change what happened yesterday. But today, I will work on a better tomorrow.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, Tesoro Compadre 720i Stealth Scoop
    6620 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    All I can say is you could, with your experience, do it with a BROKEN Bounty hunter! TTC
    That’s why I recommended the lowly Giant killer. The Tesoro Compadre! Lol!
    TerryC, Terry Soloman and SD51 like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22259 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well, we could not start today as the young man has the flu! I'm disappointed but plan to get out with the TEP, and start getting to know it today and tomorrow. I hope he is up to getting started next weekend. I'm going to call his wife (a Pediatrician!), and see if he's faking it!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6203 times
    Good choice, Terry. Similar to the Delta 4000, which I refuse to sell off. I would take that bet if I were you too...and I own a Deus.

The order of preference to detecting success: 1. Site selection, 2. Overall experience on a broad range of sites and types of detecting, 3. Experience on different types of machines, 4. Really knowing the machine you are using (you are going to have to work on that one, Terry, but 1, 2, and 3 help), 5. Overlapping swing coverage and know when to dig (detectorist skill), 6. Grid site (if not time constrained) or Fast target recovery (if time constrained), 7. Detector.

The tool (detector) is waaay down on the list. Using Tiger Woods' golf clubs or the latest super whamadyne Driver does not give a relative golf newcomer, Tiger Woods' success.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jun 09, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3124 times
    Terry, you could probably sell tickets to watch you guys go at it! Will you be recording it for us to watch? Best of luck...

Jan 2015
    88 times
    This is a fun contest! I have a DEUS and I have to say if it’s a young guy without much experience he’s at a disadvantage.
    If it was me...I’d slay you

us
    Apr 2015
    Oklahoma
    AT Pro
    241 times
    My Dad used to say: “Old age, and treachery, will outwit youth and skill, any day”
    My money is on Terry. Go get him pard!

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrets AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    224 times
    If at all possible, can you let us know how the rating of the finds is gonna go? I think I read where ya'll had some bystanders that will judge that...what will be considered junk and what will be a keeper.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    6977 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
    If at all possible, can you let us know how the rating of the finds is gonna go? I think I read where ya'll had some bystanders that will judge that...what will be considered junk and what will be a keeper.
    I think they should dig all. Judge junk by the pound and keepers by the value. Assuming both will have the same areas, the one that has a larger keeper to junk ratio is the winner. TTC
    I can't change what happened yesterday. But today, I will work on a better tomorrow.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22259 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This weekend, I am going upstate to Ancram, New York, with another TNet member, John845 from Newburgh, to present a young veteran with a new metal detector and digging gear. He is working on, and recovering from, some real problems with PTSD and drug addiction. Clean now for seven-months, he and I think metal detecting will be a fantastic pastime and hobby for him. I want to thank Keith Leppert at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors for giving me the Whites Coinmaster at wholesale - he didn't make a dime on it and shipped it to me free when I told him why I wanted it!

Anyway, I'm trying to convince "XP Deus Man" to come with us, but this will be a full day trip with a 2-hour ride each way, so we'll see. Either way, I'll film what I can

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links