North nevada nugget detecting

Bantayan

Jun 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Missouri and am planning on spending a couple of months in nevada metal detecting for nuggets.
Does any body have any advice on some good locations to hunt?
I am looking for areas that are very remote, so not to be detecting over areas that have been over hunted.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most, if not all of the places that are known for having gold on them are well known, and probably already have a claim on them. At least in AZ it's that way. My advice would be to carefully research your spots so you don’t wind up in the pokey or get shot at. Check the gpaa, join and you can get access to some of their claims. Good luck out there, and be careful.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Bantayan! You might like to take a look at Forum: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd try the Eugene Mountains southwest of Winnemucca, and north of Rye Patch, west of I-80. My buddy and I are heading down in that general area late next week.
Jim

OP
OP
B

Bantayan

Jun 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd try the Eugene Mountains southwest of Winnemucca, and north of Rye Patch, west of I-80. My buddy and I are heading down in that general area late next week.
Jim

Good luck.
Let me know how you do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions