pugguppy

Greenie
Jul 3, 2016
Central Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites TreasurePRO & Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a trip to Italy coming up soon where I'd like to do some detecting on a friend's farm. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with international flights with a detector in a carry on bag.

Extra details: I've got a Tesoro Vaquero (shaft consists of 3 pieces) and I have a layover in Iceland where I will leave the airport for a day.

Thanks for any feedback!

Upvote 0

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have flown with mine one checked and one carry on with no problems from Hawaii to the UK many times. And all over the US too.:occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure the batteries are OUT of the machine, and pack your user manual with it for TSA and Customs. I have never had a problem.:occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ICELAND DETECTING I THINK IS STRICKLY FORBIDEN - keep it under wraps there
other than that Ive been all over with mine - i carry on 2 CZ21s with me
pack a suit case with all my needed extra equipment and one with clothes

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got a trip to Italy coming up soon where I'd like to do some detecting on a friend's farm. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with international flights with a detector in a carry on bag.

Extra details: I've got a Tesoro Vaquero (shaft consists of 3 pieces) and I have a layover in Iceland where I will leave the airport for a day.

Thanks for any feedback!

If any trouble at all comes it would be on the US side; never had issues with Italy.

HOWEVER, be warned, if you find anything of cultural significance, just mail it home, let the post office traffic the cultural property. Having an MD in your bag and finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread