Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: A Feature Id Love to Have

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Northern California

    Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4,017
    4501 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Interesting and who knows if any of the detector companies read detecting threads and are "mining" them for inputs for new possibilities?.............63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

  2. #17
    us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, Makro Multi Kruzer .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    122
    265 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Garrett's GTI 2500 has a feature that is somewhat akin to what you're seeking. They call it surface elimination.

    "Surface Elimination This Search Aid is for use where quantities of metallic trash are present on the surface or at shallow depths. This function eliminates detection of objects of all sizes to the specified depth. Use the MENU touchpad to display Surface Elim on the screen to turn on. It will be turned OFF at the factory settings. If you desire to use this Search Aid, press the (+) and (-) touchpads to set the desired elimination depth. This depth (to 4 inches beneath the coil) will be shown on the Upper Scale and on the Imaging Grid."

    Page 43 of the manual: https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hb...al_english.pdf

    I don't know how well the feature works. I haven't had my GTI 2500 long and haven't tried using that feature.
    Javadroid and Iron Buzz like this.

  3. #18
    us
    Oct 2011
    73
    178 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    my whites XLT has a depth trigger, I love it and use it all the time. when you get near your target you pull the trigger and it gets louder as you get over the target and then will show you how deep the target is. I wish my NOX had this feature!
    Voyager32 likes this.

  4. #19
    us
    Jul 2017
    Northwest Arkansas
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
    1,921
    1928 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My mother-in-law asked me once if my metal detector could tell how old a coin was...
    That would be a handy feature...

  5. #20

    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    989
    1288 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javadroid View Post
    My mother-in-law asked me once if my metal detector could tell how old a coin was...
    That would be a handy feature...
    Of course you answered in the affirmative, I hope!
    Javadroid likes this.

  6. #21

    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    989
    1288 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dokc View Post
    my whites XLT has a depth trigger, I love it and use it all the time. when you get near your target you pull the trigger and it gets louder as you get over the target and then will show you how deep the target is. I wish my NOX had this feature!
    Nox has the depth gauge. And pinpoint mode will show the depth of the currently pinpointed target. Of course, neither one of these is anything like what I am talking about, where you can hide surface junk.

  7. #22

    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    989
    1288 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahts-a-dats-ago View Post
    Garrett's GTI 2500 has a feature that is somewhat akin to what you're seeking. They call it surface elimination.

    "Surface Elimination This Search Aid is for use where quantities of metallic trash are present on the surface or at shallow depths. This function eliminates detection of objects of all sizes to the specified depth. Use the MENU touchpad to display Surface Elim on the screen to turn on. It will be turned OFF at the factory settings. If you desire to use this Search Aid, press the (+) and (-) touchpads to set the desired elimination depth. This depth (to 4 inches beneath the coil) will be shown on the Upper Scale and on the Imaging Grid."

    Page 43 of the manual: https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hb...al_english.pdf

    I don't know how well the feature works. I haven't had my GTI 2500 long and haven't tried using that feature.
    That is exactly what I'm thinking of!

  8. #23
    us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    633
    1492 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Been searching the backyard recently and it is covered with junk and iron. Really like the idea of being able to ignore (not blank-out) surface targets and just respond to targets, say 5-7" in my case. Right now my detector sounds like an old time machine gun as I slowly sweep across the lawn and the detector continuously blanks-out and back in as it hits iron. Still trying to find the best way to hunt in this environment. One way to find good targets in this environment is to use target trace, CTX 3030, and note where on the Fe:CO coordinates a potentially good target is located among the trash. But trash iron appears shallow (1-3") and good targets (coins, tokens and medals) appear deeper (5-8"). Different sweep directions, really slow sweep, vary recovery speed, sensitivity (more is not always better), discrimination (less is not always better), the beat goes on... But a depth discriminator - count me in, if it works.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

  9. #24
    si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    72
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Maybe you shuld look at Nokta Invenio, i know it's too expencieve, but so ware first mobile phones....

  10. #25

    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, 11" and 5x8" HF coils Minelab Equinox 800
    989
    1288 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    Maybe you shuld look at Nokta Invenio, i know it's too expencieve, but so ware first mobile phones....
    I've watched a couple of Chill Bill;s Invenio videos. I really like the imaging technology. The Invenio, though, is a special-purpose device, aside from costing as much 10 or more top notch consumer detectors, and according to Bill, pretty much is a two-man operation.

    What I'm asking for would be an extremely simple feature to offer... programming-wise, it would simply be an "if target is < minimum_depth than make no sound" condition. No more surface clad and surface pull tabs. Sure, it could mask something deeper lying beneath the ignored target, but right now I'm mentally ignoring them anyway.

  11. #26
    si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    72
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's sold for 6K already.
    By the way, i own a machine with sw posibility to ignore small items - size can be adjusted without losing of depth, working well with large coils, i.e. 70 cm of diameter and larger, comes handy for militaria. I think the GTI does what you are looking for.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The Mountain Goats - Love, Love, Love
    By goldnrelics in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 28, 2013, 04:19 AM
  2. like feature
    By lost in forum HELP!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
  3. New Feature
    By Iheartmoney in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 03, 2010, 12:17 PM
  4. new feature
    By dirt diva in forum TreasureNet FAQ/Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2009, 06:43 PM
  5. There is a Bug in the Search Feature...
    By BuckleBoy in forum TreasureNet FAQ/Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0