chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where exactly did the guide line of 100 hours familiarisation with a new machine come from? Was it from a detector manufacturer or enthusiasts?

I agree with it and often repeat it but was thinking today that all machines are different...

what about E trac v's Mojave ?

Equinox Vs Sea hunter

You see where Im going with this. Beep and dig vs multiple programme, multiple coil options etc.

Anyway, was just curious.

Chub

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And please don't forget to buy all 40 books on how to use (insert name of machine here) that are available! That will take 300 hours!

Yes, yes, yes, shameful exaggeration.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go ahead and say yes, 100 hours to learn your machine sounds right give or take, whether or not it is digital or analog.i bought a kindle book for my vaquero that helped me speed things up a bit and i still have a way to go. Still want to put a meter on it too. I prefer analog and wonder why tesoro never put one on it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: I feel the White's V3i is a very complex machine with around 88 +/- possible adjustments. I started finding nice things within a very short time, but to understand all of the adjustment combinations and really cool features of the machine it takes over 100 hours. I believe it depends on the machines complexity, search (conditions) area, operator experience and hours on the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread