Minelab Equinox Battery Failure- Code BF
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree17Likes
  • 11 Post By slider66
  • 2 Post By park pirate
  • 1 Post By RustyGold
  • 1 Post By ☠ Cipher
  • 1 Post By Andrew1495
  • 1 Post By smokeythecat

Thread: Minelab Equinox Battery Failure- Code BF

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast Of Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil 3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920
    1764 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Minelab Equinox Battery Failure- Code BF

I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    7005 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by slider66 View Post
    I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.
    Thank you that's good to know..
    RustyGold and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    8046 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Thanks slider!
    Hawks88 likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Aug 2016
    Middleburgh, NY
    Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
    175 times
    I want to add some clarification to this post. The code BF (battery failure) by itself doesn't necessarily mean that you've had a catastrophic battery failure. In most cases it just means battery is critically low, too low to operate, and must be charged. If you see this code don't freak out unless you're also experiencing the symptoms described above. Yesterday I hunted with my Equinox long enough that it gave off this code and shut down. Seeing the code, and intuiting that BF must mean "battery failure" concerned me as I had been hunting in a waterfall swimming hole, and seeing all the recent breaches. I looked it up and was led to this post. You can imagine the feeling I got in my gut. In my case it turned out to just be a critically low battery. I charged it up and no problems. I looked at the manual and saw that a low battery is the first listed interpretation of the code, with a catastrophic failure being the last if accompanied by symptoms of a terminal failure.
    Hawks88 likes this.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600
    11750 times
    Thanks for the info.

Sep 2019
    1 times
    If you see this code don't freak out unless you're also experiencing the symptoms described above. myfirstpremiercard Yesterday I hunted with my Equinox long enough that it gave off this code and shut down. Seeing the code, and intuiting that BF must mean "battery failure" concerned me as I had been hunting in a waterfall swimming hole, and seeing all the recent breaches. I looked it up and was led to this post.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26152 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Heck, I even ran my machine out of juice the other day!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31977 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thanks for the info

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links