Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By slider66
  • 1 Post By park pirate

Thread: Minelab Equinox Battery Failure- Code BF

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast Of Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920
    1632 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Minelab Equinox Battery Failure- Code BF

I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    6381 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by slider66 View Post
    I wanted to post this in case your Equinox starts acting like mine did. For the past 5 or six charges the green light would blink but never go solid green indicating it was fully charged. The meter on the display indicated a full charge. I was out detecting in the water at the beach when the unit went dead even though the screen showed the battery was still have charged. It would power on for a few seconds to give me the code BF and then go dead again. I contacted Minelab and they told me the code meant I had a catastrophic battery failure. I have had my unit a year now. It was still under warranty. I was lucky. So if you get this code you will know what is going on with your unit.
    Thank you that's good to know..
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Mojave 720i Stealth Scoop
    6957 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Thanks slider!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links