Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmgeorge

Thread: bounty hunter Prospector questions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2019
    Las Vegas
    39 times
    Prospecting

bounty hunter Prospector questions

just picked up one of the today when i got off work, followed all of the directions, in fact i had my wife reading them to me, so i could be sure and set it up correctly. first tests involved a nail, assorted US coins. the detector responded with each contact, then i got to the good stuff, my small jar of gold stuff that i had gotten from 2 bags of paydirt...........and here is where the problem begins, the detector did not notice anything in the container of paydirt gold........................if this detector wont see my gold on the patio, its sure not gonna see it under the surface of the ground out at the claim.........this is probably and older model of detector but i would think it would (even by accident) notice the gold in the container.

any suggestions for doing anything to make the detector work?

my wife is planning on taking this detector back to big 5 wednesday, to get the slightly more expensive detector, this one was 99$ the other one is 129$ if it fails we will take it back as well.

us
    Jan 2013
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, 4 inch coil, 8 inch coil, 10 inch coil, 11 inch DD coil, Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
    449 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The Detector will only see the largest gold piece in the container and not the accumulated amount of gold. Most metal detectors are tuned to the silver/copper range and not to Gold. If you are looking for a detector for gold hunting you need to get a specialty one that has the right frequency for gold. Most gold tuned detectors start out in the 400-500$ range. But you can sometimes pick up used ones off ebay for much cheaper.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    Iowa
    Garrett ATMax
    37 times
    Metal Detecting
    You need to invest in a detector that will detect gold, I don't think they are in the $129 range.
    Chug And Red likes this.
    Retired and too many Hobbies. Central Iowa, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ATMax & MD since 2009

us
    May 2019
    Las Vegas
    39 times
    Prospecting
    dang.

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2619 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Did you try a gold ring more volume and bigger size if your looking for nuggets on your claim you might need a Better detector it going to cost you more than 99-129
    Last edited by Chug And Red; Jun 19, 2019 at 10:40 PM.
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2619 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    also show the Sample size of the gold your trying to Detect
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links