Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure such a machine exists. Our dowsers here claim to find things by looking at a photo taken from space, so they may be your best bet.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet. That would take a very specialized machine. Your average metal detector goes nowhere near that deep.

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
GPR is the way to go, unfortunately most require pulling or pushing a cart or sled across the ground which will be a problem in jungle conditions. There are a few newer GPR units that can be carried. There is even one that you can strap to your ankle and walk with a hand held unit.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What in the world makes you think something is buried 30 meters down in the jungle? How would you even go about doing it? :icon_scratch: Sounds like some fantasy treasure legend to me.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shokoy, first welcome to Tnet! 30' is way in excess of what any metal detector will do, no news there. Being in a jungle setting makes things even more difficult.
Dowsing right here on our Earth might not be that crazy of a thing to try especially as a person does not even have to purchase them as you can just make a set
on your own. Dowsing Rods are simply bent metal so that might include coat hangers being cut and reshaped (you need to confirm this thought on the wire Diameter).
Just read up on it so you understand how to prepare your mind before testing out your rods. Best of Success............63bkpkr

Last edited:

Brooks747

Jan 20, 2019
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280-x Aquanaut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shokoy,
I have no experience with them, but I've seen a few "box" type detectors online that claim to go down 20 feet. One is the White's 808 Cache Relic Hunter, another is the Fisher Gemini 3. A more expensive option might be a Pulse Star II Pro which is a 1-meter or 2-meter square coil, held by one or two people while walking, but the jungle overgrowth gives reason for a pause. If you're just starting out, consider something used on eBay. Good luck on your adventure!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highly specialized, your looking at GPR or sensitivity. what are you looking for and what size target?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shokoy,
I have no experience with them, but I've seen a few "box" type detectors online that claim to go down 20 feet. One is the White's 808 Cache Relic Hunter, another is the Fisher Gemini 3. A more expensive option might be a Pulse Star II Pro which is a 1-meter or 2-meter square coil, held by one or two people while walking, but the jungle overgrowth gives reason for a pause. If you're just starting out, consider something used on eBay. Good luck on your adventure!

Sure, a two box will go down 20 feet, maybe more, but, only on a huge target.......trash can sized and larger.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shokoy, first welcome to Tnet! 30' is way in excess of what any metal detector will do, no news there. Being in a jungle setting makes things even more difficult.
Dowsing right here on our Earth might not be that crazy of a thing to try especially as a person does not even have to purchase them as you can just make a set
on your own. Dowsing Rods are simply bent metal so that might include coat hangers being cut and reshaped (you need to confirm this thought on the wire Diameter).
Just read up on it so you understand how to prepare your mind before testing out your rods. Best of Success............63bkpkr

Sure, give it a try, but, how in the world are you going to make a recovery from 30 feet down in a jungle? :icon_scratch: Sounds like an expensive quest, especially since you aren't going to be sure what it is until you recover it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread