New Equipment after 5 years..

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EquipmentImage_641.jpg
I finally bought some new gear after about 5 years. I upgraded to the Garrett Ace 150 metal detector still have the old pinpointer but it would be nice to upgrade that too.. thinking about the Garrett Pro Pointer.. seems expensive but willing to upgrade.. im spending noticeably more time trying to find targets after signals come up and im digging around in the dirt.. nothing worth mentioning yet but I've only been out once or twice so far with the new equipment.. hoping to post some goodies that are "groundbreaking"! Lol and maybe shoot/film some new videos.. happy hunting fellow metal detector people..!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I heard someone say that an Ace 150 was an upgrade! :laughing7: Keep up the good work!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, If you paid for the Ace150 with your finds over the last 5 years than your doing better than me. I need about $1500 more to make up what I have spent on metal detectors in the last 5 years.

Doesn't matter what detector you have it won't find it if it isn't under the coil...Location, Location, Location

OP
OP
MetalsMan777

MetalsMan777

Jun 26, 2014
Detector(s) used
150, Pin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, If you paid for the Ace150 with your finds over the last 5 years than your doing better than me. I need about $1500 more to make up what I have spent on metal detectors in the last 5 years.

Doesn't matter what detector you have it won't find it if it isn't under the coil...Location, Location, Location

I agree with you, would be nice to find a couple new digging spots, havent spent much on the detectors thus far.. think the bounty hunter was 50.00 and the ace was like 110.00, the old pinpointer was like 20.00

:metaldetector::metaldetector::metaldetector:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck with the new machine. :icon_thumright:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding pinpointers, there was a time there were no pinpointers. So us old toads would grab a handful of dirt from the hole and wave it over the loop until the machine let me know it was there. Doesn't work if you have a ring on!

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your upgrade.
Look at old maps, look for schools, churches and other gathering places.
Find old topo maps for your area, they will show these sites.
https://libguides.mnhs.org/maps/topographic
Good luck.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding pinpointers, there was a time there were no pinpointers. So us old toads would grab a handful of dirt from the hole and wave it over the loop until the machine let me know it was there. Doesn't work if you have a ring on!
Or if you had the newest gear, you'd probe with a small diameter screwdriver. Leave it touching the find, cut a plug & hopefully push it out the bottom. Hey! We were stylin back in them days!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome getting the coil over the target is the biggest thing. Good luck

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1730637
I finally bought some new gear after about 5 years. I upgraded to the Garrett Ace 150 metal detector still have the old pinpointer but it would be nice to upgrade that too.. thinking about the Garrett Pro Pointer.. seems expensive but willing to upgrade.. im spending noticeably more time trying to find targets after signals come up and im digging around in the dirt.. nothing worth mentioning yet but I've only been out once or twice so far with the new equipment.. hoping to post some goodies that are "groundbreaking"! Lol and maybe shoot/film some new videos.. happy hunting fellow metal detector people..!

You say you're having a hard time finding targets after the signals come up.....that could be because the Ace 150 has motion pinpointing rather than what most detectors have..... NON-motion pinpointing. The pinpointing with the 150 is not as precise so that could be a big part of your problem.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No pinpointers, no shovels, no camo, no video cameras, no VDI......how did we ever do it ????? :dontknow:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cald2silver, I used to wear a red shirt from time to time. For a long time I used a WWII army shovel.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cald2silver, I used to wear a red shirt from time to time. For a long time I used a WWII army shovel.

When I was in the US Army back in 1965 those things were called "entrenching tools". The Army always had fancy names for the simplest of items.:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ACE 150 will find the goodies, take your time and enjoy! :occasion14:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pinpointers, no shovels, no camo, no video cameras, no VDI......how did we ever do it ????? :dontknow:
We were tough! And cruelty consisted of giving an 8yr old boy an old Whites BFO, you know the old tube model that had 20 pounds of batteries. Heck, I think my arm is still a little longer than the other one!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great equipment just gotta get the coil over the goodies is alot of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread