Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 vs Garrett ace 150?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would get the 150 but if you had $150 to spend I would look at used and try and pickup a Tesoro Compadre or even a ACE 250 and leave yourself $30 for a pin-pointer if you don't already have one. You might even find a Land Ranger Pro used in the $150 range. There is an ACE 300 on Ebay at $170 with shipping.

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Eman1000......spend a few more bucks and get something better than the Ace150. An ace 250 or 300 is a lot better.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the best you can get. There is always a reason one machine costs more than another. A pinpointer is a fun toy, but for my first 40 years of detecting I didn't have one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The others have very good advice! :icon_thumleft:

Hold off until you can purchase an ACE 250 or better. I had one that served me very well (lots of Coins and Jewelry) until I gave it away to someone who couldn't afford a detector.

Good Luck!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be afraid to look on local sales sites and get a used machine. The majority of my machines I used were bought 2nd hand and I have been lucky as to not have any issues. Buying used locally allows you to try it out before you buy and many sellers will give you a crash course on the machines options.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, loco-digger is correct. With Ebay you also have some additional protections. Get the best you can.

OP
OP
F

Frogg

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS GUYS MUCH LOVE

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Earlier this year I bought a BH Discovery 3300 for $99 at COSTCO and could not believe the features! I used it on Clearwater beach and found more coins than I usually find with my CTX 3030, a $2500 machine. Both the BH and ACE detectors will serve you well as a beginner and just save your finds and work up to better machines with time. And just have fun learning about MDing. It really is exciting - Ya just never know what comes up out of the ground, sand or water...or out of these conversations.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the people above for the most part. The Tracker 4 will wear your butt out if you dig it all. It's a good machine. I've got one along with the AT Pro. I relic hunt more than coin hunt and it finds just as much as the AT Pro. Get the best you can for your money but those detectors that don't cost a small fortune will still find metal really well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread