Coin beach Delaware

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone

I will be up in Bethany Beach Delaware here in about 2 weeks. Ive detected coin beach last year with the equinox 800 for only a few hours and didnt find any old coins. Im hoping this year will be different, i plan to bring two detectors, the equinox 800 and a gpx4800.

A few questions that i would like peoples opinions on:

1. Would it be better to focus on detecting out in the water with the equinox or to focus on the dry beach area with the gpx4800 with the hopes of it punching deep enough to make a good find?

2. If using the gpx i have a few coils to choose from and im not sure which would be best: 11 inch coiltek mono, 15x12 inch commander mono, 17x11 coiltek AI, 12x8 coiltek platypus. The big 15x12 mono should punch the deepest but idk how bad interference will be.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy Point SP is one of the better places in MD to see raptors migrating south in the fall. I just knew if i saw something cool, I'd be too distracted. A snowy owl and forget it, I'd be finished.

As soon as I turned 62, I bought a Golden Age Pass from the Maryland Park Service for free admission and boat ramp use for life at Maryland state parks. (Also got the National Park Service federal recreational lands pass.)

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I've been to Sandy Point's Hunts twice. Hunted Once
As I said, I only lasted 10 - 15 Minutes before Chest Pain Drove me Out of the Hunt Field. :(

Hunted Twice (I think :tongue3:) at Atlantic Cities Minelab Hunts.
Same Thing As soon as it started The chest Pain started "Stress"

The last hunt I went to was a Federation hunt at Atlantic City, thinking about 1986 or so. There must have been 500 of us. I went with a friend (not the guy who insisted on hunting Ocean City...) and he found one of the tokens for the grand prize - a mustang parked right on the beach. He got in line by his token number which was second to last (thinking there were 20 tokens). They were smart about not allowing the guys to try the keys - these guys would have broken the ignitions... They had a cute girl in the driver's seat and she put the keys in and tried them. It came all the way down to him and the last guy, so he had a 50:50 chance to win a new car - and his key didn't start it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, your coins were found in the golden 9 months after Sandy. I think my last one was in 2014. After that, we detectorists got them, or most of them. Another big storm or the guys playing with bulldozers is what is needed.

TexasJeff

Sep 17, 2019
New Caney, Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT & Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on whether the beach is sanded in or has been recently eroded. If eroded, beach hunt. Find a good rip with erosion detect it. Water is always good unless conditions suck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread