the walking cane detector - any experiences out there ?

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
the only walking stick detector I can find is this pricy OKM unit
https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/rover-uc-version-a
anyone used this ?

I also looked for a detector shoe or sandal but found nothing currently available, anyone here built one ?

I tried a coil under a light jacket to detect (part of a) walls, but was stumped on how to recover (or even evaluate ?)
(not into overt crimes)

Upvote 0

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you look at the other products from OKM and the claims they make for their products?

Do you believe this all? I dont!

The xp Deus is wireless.

You can put the coil into a plastic or textile bag and put the headphone around your neck. Sure looks stupid but likley nobody from a distance will know that you are detecting a wall.

Greets

Namxat

...who is fully hypothetically speaking.

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
yea, the walls are doable
my interest at that time was the CA missions, but even a super target - nothing to be done or even spoken about
haciendas in Mexico seemed also interesting, given my youth/ignorance I'm glad I never did it
(I "know" second-hand of 2 who were successful in Mexico with regular VHF detectors, not for outsiders)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost $11K and it isn't even waterproof? :icon_scratch: Goes down 10 meters on what size target? A two box detector at a fraction of the price will do that on something huge. I'm just trying to see why this is anything special other that looking like a walking stick. If you're trying to be stealthy, what would be the point? You'd still have to dig to see what it is and make a recovery. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread