Looks on the beach - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree441Likes

Thread: Looks on the beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Garrett ATpro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    2038 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I like to dress extra dorky on the beach like socks pulled up with sandals on, wear a dress shirt with my camo sorts.... my daughter says you look like a dork and I said well you ever noticed how some guys dress like they are mental, thats because they just dont want to be bothered.... so now she will point them out and say " look he must not want to be bothered" and we laugh....lol
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    1168 times
    Guess I don't pay enough attention to the others around as long as I stay out of their "area". Had lots of kids walk up and ask what i am doing and how does the detector work. Rather be the old, fat guy in T-shirt, shorts and sandals with detector than the old fat guy in a Speedo or big lady in a skimpy bikini. Those are the ones that get the looks from me "like really, you got more guts than me!" Don't worry about them, find the good stuff and enjoy the time out.
    ROIGuy, Hawks88, RustyGold and 5 others like this.

us
    Jun 2019
    Palos Park, IL
    Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
    249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdigger View Post
    Guess I don't pay enough attention to the others around as long as I stay out of their "area". Had lots of kids walk up and ask what i am doing and how does the detector work. Rather be the old, fat guy in T-shirt, shorts and sandals with detector than the old fat guy in a Speedo or big lady in a skimpy bikini. Those are the ones that get the looks from me "like really, you got more guts than me!" Don't worry about them, find the good stuff and enjoy the time out.
    When I first got my detector about a month ago, I went to a local park and was detecting in the 'beach' (sand volleyball nets) and soon had a crowd of small kids gathered around me asking if I'd found anything. Their moms were curiously looking on as I replied to the that I'd found a quarter! but mostly, sharp metal and bottle caps.
    The moms asked what I do with the junk so I showed them the my pouch with all of it and said " I take it so no one cuts their feet". They were thankful for that.

us
    Apr 2007
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
    71 times
    No one wants to look old, and uncool to the younger generation...Some of us do fringe on the nerdy side..No one reals pays much attention to me atb the beach..Of course I dont even try to detect on a crowded weekend or anything like that...Oh, and I would wear my border patrol hat...
    devldog, A2coins, Joe-Dirt and 4 others like this.
    ENGLISH, SPEAK IT, USE IT.......
    Better Living Thru Chemistry
    Live Long, and Prosper

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    662 times
    Ya gotta be careful. Those old CZ21s are real chick magnets.......
    devldog, A2coins, Joe-Dirt and 6 others like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3455 times
    Relic Hunting
    If you Really want to get folks upset and take notice, go detecting while wearing a Make America Great Again hat and shirt. You may want to wear a bullet proof vest underneath your T shirt.
    ROIGuy, A2coins, Joe-Dirt and 6 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 600,Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5” SS and a couple of shovels
    3937 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I’ll be on vacation in August at the beach, that gives me time to get a pirate costume for my morning walks

devldog, dsdigger, A2coins and 4 others like this.
    “I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    3455 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dirt View Post
    I’ll be on vacation in August at the beach, that gives me time to get a pirate costume for my morning walks

Or, you could dress like your Avatar, "Bloody Bill" Anderson. That would get you some looks too. Lol

us
    May 2014
    Cumberland, VA
    White's coinmaster pro Garrett at pro Equinox 600
    91 times
    Anywhere I can find coins
    Devldog the looks are enough for me. Bullets cross the line. Haha lol
    Last edited by Doug H; Jul 18, 2019 at 07:50 AM.
    dsdigger, A2coins, devldog and 3 others like this.

us
    Apr 2007
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
    71 times
    I have one of those hats, flag too...
    A2coins, devldog, Joe-Dirt and 4 others like this.
    ENGLISH, SPEAK IT, USE IT.......
    Better Living Thru Chemistry
    Live Long, and Prosper

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    27989 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Let's say someone looks at you and thinks your a nut job even laughs points how is what he thinks even effect you ya can't live your life to worry about what people think you'll most likely never even see them again and most people who would think that are very insecure about them selves to begin with shake that booty

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Oct 2017
    Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
    Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
    702 times
    When my wife and first started dating 19 years ago we went to the beach with her daughter and her good friend. They were all laughing at me as I geared up (looking like Lawrence of Arabia in all white and my big sun hat) and they put down their towels and plugged the umbrella in the sand. I didn't get 5 feet from the towels before scooping out a gold/ruby and diamond ring. My now wife slipped it on her finger and I never got a chuckle since. The ring was nice but my wife is the best find I ever made! As for the other folks laughing and staring, I'm too focused and having fun to really notice.
    ROIGuy, Hawks88, devldog and 8 others like this.

us
    Jun 2019
    Palos Park, IL
    Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
    249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Let's say someone looks at you and thinks your a nut job even laughs points how is what he thinks even effect you ya can't live your life to worry about what people think you'll most likely never even see them again and most people who would think that are very insecure about them selves to begin with shake that booty
    Generally, those people I can tolerate. Its the times we live in which are producing a generation of people who stick their noses into other peoples' business and call the "authorities" and complain that "he's ruining our day at the beach!!!" What am I doing that requires the permission of someone I don't know and am not near, nor touching and generally ignoring? What? Making virtually self healing holes in the sand?? Removing shredded aluminum cans and poptops? I just don't understand people these days.
    devldog, SD51, A2coins and 3 others like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    3455 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug H View Post
    Devldog the looks are enough for me. Bullets cross the line. Haha lol
    Yes sir, indeed. Flying lead unfortunately keeps me from hunting certain areas where I know you could still find some CW relics. Our society has gone down the ole' Johnny flusher.
    A2coins, Doug H, Joe-Dirt and 3 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6279 times
    Id probably get fewer looks if I wore pants
    A2coins, Doug H, Joe-Dirt and 6 others like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links