Looks on the beach - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree441Likes

Thread: Looks on the beach

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    If you Really want to get folks upset and take notice, go detecting while wearing a Make America Great Again hat and shirt. You may want to wear a bullet proof vest underneath your T shirt.
    I wear mine everyday day as you can see it’s not even bright red anymore due to the sun. Not one person has ever told be one thing even in the heart of New Orleans.i I kind of wish someone would. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1012.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	1734111

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    27980 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROIGuy View Post
    Generally, those people I can tolerate. Its the times we live in which are producing a generation of people who stick their noses into other peoples' business and call the "authorities" and complain that "he's ruining our day at the beach!!!" What am I doing that requires the permission of someone I don't know and am not near, nor touching and generally ignoring? What? Making virtually self healing holes in the sand?? Removing shredded aluminum cans and poptops? I just don't understand people these days.
    My friend I hear ya I think the news kinda makes you think people are worse than they are, but even so you still have the right to do this hobby as much as they have a right to be an A##### Just remember too many Americans who fought for our rights our freedom and whos family members or friends have will never allow this kinda idiotic nonsense to take hold. Hang inthere All of us here on tnet are dealing with the same but it doesnt stop us. KEEP RIPPIN STOP TRIPPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26923 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    One time, I was metal detecting a beach and some smart ass was walking along with his wife throwing pennies all over the beach area. He said "find any pennies" and I said, with a very serious tone and a smile, "NO this is a gold only machine" , his wife smacked him in the head and "said stop being a loser and grow up". I laughed all night over that interaction.

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 600,Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5” SS and a couple of shovels
    3936 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Id probably get fewer looks if I wore pants
    Pants are for the weak

“I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    526 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    You just have to wear the right shirt, and smile a lot.
    I want one of those.
    A2coins and dsdigger like this.

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    526 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Let's say someone looks at you and thinks your a nut job even laughs points how is what he thinks even effect you ya can't live your life to worry about what people think you'll most likely never even see them again and most people who would think that are very insecure about them selves to begin with shake that booty
    """"""""Let's say someone looks at you and thinks your a nut job even laughs points"""""""""""
    Cary a ring or two with you and hold them up and laugh at them.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5275 times
    2019.....Gold rings..88..Misc/gold 7.....Silver/Sterling 206
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Funny, how you can be the vulture/scavenger, then when someone needs your help, your there Hope.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1549 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yea, I think we all get the stares but I like to have fun and just mess with some of their minds. For example, I noticed a bunch of girls (prob 16-18 yrs old) looking at me MD and so I pretended to detect and pick-up a penny and then jump up off the ground as high as I could and said 'Wooppee I found another cent", put it in my pouch and continue MDing like nothing happened. The girls died laughing and I got a big laugh out of it too. Another time two young kids walked by me on the beach and one of them said, under-his-breath something like get out of the way old man. Without missing a beat, I said "Hey, I'm only 29, the sun does this to you!" And the beat rolls on...
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    624 times
    Ladies understand. they SMELL jewelry when they see you out there and they are usually VERY curious as to what you have found. I like to keep a cheap gold engagement band with a big CZ rock in my pouch and when they ask, I show it to them. Be careful if they are shapely East European looking honeys however, there is usually a very insecure guy lurking nearby to make sure his mail-order sweetie isn’t straying off the place!! Ask me how I know!!

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    862 times
    I'm surprised nobody has had some shirts made up with "Voluntary Beach Clean-up Crew" embroidered across the back!

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    374 times
    It's not you , It's that dang speedo you've been sportin .

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, 720i Stealth Scoop
    7096 times
    Too funny Love all the humorous posts.
    Hawks88, dsdigger, A2coins and 1 others like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Jul 2019
    9 times
    I have felt that way. We just came back from the beach and I usually detect early in the morning before anyone is at the beach but this year I said screw it and went in the late afternoon. People stare at me like I'm a gold digger. Lol.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph81 View Post
    I have felt that way. We just came back from the beach and I usually detect early in the morning before anyone is at the beach but this year I said screw it and went in the late afternoon. People stare at me like I'm a gold digger. Lol.
    Aren't you?
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1549 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    It's not you , It's that dang speedo you've been sportin .
    Now THAT is funny!!
    A2coins likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links