It was brutal!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: It was brutal!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2030 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dirt View Post
    Be careful brother, we have NOLA style weather here today. I was at an outdoor concert last night. At 7pm (ish) it was 91* with a 107 feel, frikin crazy. We’re hitting an 1860’s house this morning starting at 6am, we’ll be done by 8am, way too hot. Hydrate hydrate hydrate
    Yup - we were at an outdoor wedding in MA saturday and I looked like I'd been pushed in a pool. It was brutal. Nothing like sitting in the sun in a jacket and tie when it feels like 107.
    Billieg and devldog like this.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    2030 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    Truth, as said, take care in this heat. It's not here in Georgia too. Heck, it's not everywhere it seems. I've been busy with projects here around the house, but I don't think I'd attempt to relic hunt where we do this time of year. When I was younger, I'd go most anytime but I just can't tolerate our not temperatures coupled with our humidity now that I'm older. You are absolutely correct in staying Hydrated. I had to lay a pallet of sod just over a week ago in the heat. I was staying Hydrated and taking short frequent breaks and was still getting beat cramps in both legs. When your out in the heat always be mindful that if your legs begin cramping and feel as if they are going to fold up underneath you, this is the beginning of heat exhaustion. Next stop: Heat Stroke. Your body can get overheated in a New York minute and you can get into trouble. Cut off time here in the am is about 10:00. You come inside soaking wet. Horrible. You are right too in that it takes a special person to work in a burn unit. I was nearly killed in an arson house fire back in 1990. Overall I was lucky in that I suffered 2nd and some light 3rd degree burns to the top of my hands, my ear, and a small area on my neck. I was held overnight in the Grady Burn Unit in Atlanta. The nurses and staff working the unit were great and helped me to rehab back to work much sooner than most would have expected. It takes special medical professionals to work in a burn unit and have to both do and see what they deal with day in and day out inside one of these units. Tell your son Thanks for the specialized care that he will be providing from an ole' retired Firefighter.
    Thanks for your service "ole retired firefighter". My son had his badging ceremony friday (firefighter & EMT). It was sobering to see the awards named after firefighters and EMTs killed in the line of duty - including EMTs shot while trying to save lives. I support my son and hope he can't see how concerned I am for him working in one of the most dangerous parts of the country.
    Hawks88, Truth and devldog like this.

- Mark Twain

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1549 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Love is blind! I, too, have been detecting in this 100 deg heat and it has forced me to buy a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for my Equinox- the headphones were filling up w sweat and had to keep draining and drying every 10 minutes. Now I can't imagine going back to headphones and you can have my earbuds out of my cold dead hands or I guess it would be my cold dead ears.
    Truth, Hawks88 and devldog like this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by U.B. View Post
    You be careful out there, Truth. I’d rather read about your finds, good or bad; than be praying for you in a hospital room. It’s hot in Oklahoma too, and the ground is rock hard. Like you, I’m a hard head and go anyway, but I carry a lot of water, and don’t get too far from the truck. Come on rain!
    I appreciate the kind words UB
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks88 View Post
    You are definitely a dedicated metal detectorist. Take care in this heat.
    Hawk it’s been real tough brotha I’m doing my best. Lots of water and keep swinging
    Hawks88 and devldog like this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    Truth, as said, take care in this heat. It's not here in Georgia too. Heck, it's not everywhere it seems. I've been busy with projects here around the house, but I don't think I'd attempt to relic hunt where we do this time of year. When I was younger, I'd go most anytime but I just can't tolerate our not temperatures coupled with our humidity now that I'm older. You are absolutely correct in staying Hydrated. I had to lay a pallet of sod just over a week ago in the heat. I was staying Hydrated and taking short frequent breaks and was still getting beat cramps in both legs. When your out in the heat always be mindful that if your legs begin cramping and feel as if they are going to fold up underneath you, this is the beginning of heat exhaustion. Next stop: Heat Stroke. Your body can get overheated in a New York minute and you can get into trouble. Cut off time here in the am is about 10:00. You come inside soaking wet. Horrible. You are right too in that it takes a special person to work in a burn unit. I was nearly killed in an arson house fire back in 1990. Overall I was lucky in that I suffered 2nd and some light 3rd degree burns to the top of my hands, my ear, and a small area on my neck. I was held overnight in the Grady Burn Unit in Atlanta. The nurses and staff working the unit were great and helped me to rehab back to work much sooner than most would have expected. It takes special medical professionals to work in a burn unit and have to both do and see what they deal with day in and day out inside one of these units. Tell your son Thanks for the specialized care that he will be providing from an ole' retired Firefighter.
    devildog sounds like we in the area. I just turned 50 and I’m no spring chicken, that’s 60 years old New Orleans years. Good point on remembering to take breaks

Take care my friend I’m going at 5am with Possum tomorrow.
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View Post
    Love is blind! I, too, have been detecting in this 100 deg heat and it has forced me to buy a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for my Equinox- the headphones were filling up w sweat and had to keep draining and drying every 10 minutes. Now I can't imagine going back to headphones and you can have my earbuds out of my cold dead hands or I guess it would be my cold dead ears.
    Hey I’m gonna look into getting some.
    devldog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26925 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Nice job, stay hydrated. The heat has been not good for land digging in Massachusetts!
    devldog likes this.

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    351 times
    Here in Florida 95* and 90% humidity is a normal summer day. I look forward to the afternoon rain because it cools it down a bit and the AT-Pro is waterproof and so am I.
    devldog likes this.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22883 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You're ONLY 50! Wait till you hit 60! Be careful it doesn't hit you back. Don't get sick over relics.
    devldog likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3455 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Thanks for your service "ole retired firefighter". My son had his badging ceremony friday (firefighter & EMT). It was sobering to see the awards named after firefighters and EMTs killed in the line of duty - including EMTs shot while trying to save lives. I support my son and hope he can't see how concerned I am for him working in one of the most dangerous parts of the country.
    You have a right to be proud of your son. Public Safety, whether Fire Services, Police, or EMS, are all unsung Hero's in my opinion. It takes a special person, male or female to serve their community and deal at times with low pay and dangerous duty. It has always been sickening to me personally when some of these professional athletes sign these multi million dollar contracts and these public servants who risk their lives almost daily will never make a third of what these athletes make. You have a right as a parent to be concerned, but the Good Lord will look after him as he begins his career and forward. Thanks for the kind words, I was proud to serve in my Dept. and community. For your Son, an old Irish Blessing: "May the road rise up to meet you, and the wind always be to your back" God's Speed.
    Megalodon and Underwonder like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    3455 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    devildog sounds like we in the area. I just turned 50 and I’m no spring chicken, that’s 60 years old New Orleans years. Good point on remembering to take breaks

Take care my friend I’m going at 5am with Possum tomorrow.
    I'm 63 down here. I did that new age progression ap as to what I will look like in 20 years, and a headstone popped up. Lol You and Possum be careful tomorrow and I hope y'all find and save some History and some cool relics.
    Billieg, Truth and Megalodon like this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23292 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm 63 down here. I did that new age progression ap as to what I will look like in 20 years, and a headstone popped up. Lol You and Possum be careful tomorrow and I hope y'all find and save some History and some cool relics.
    Thanks devildog we’re sure we’ll give it 100%. Omg 63° sounds like paradise. We about average that in our winters
    devldog likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    2030 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Thanks devildog we’re sure we’ll give it 100%. Omg 63° sounds like paradise. We about average that in our winters
    I read the 63 as in 63 years old. But, being 64 myself, I both speak and understand the same language as devldog. LOL.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Jul 24, 2019 at 10:59 PM.

- Mark Twain

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    2030 times
    You have a right to be proud of your son. Public Safety, whether Fire Services, Police, or EMS, are all unsung Hero's in my opinion. It takes a special person, male or female to serve their community and deal at times with low pay and dangerous duty. It has always been sickening to me personally when some of these professional athletes sign these multi million dollar contracts and these public servants who risk their lives almost daily will never make a third of what these athletes make. You have a right as a parent to be concerned, but the Good Lord will look after him as he begins his career and forward. Thanks for the kind words, I was proud to serve in my Dept. and community. For your Son, an old Irish Blessing: "May the road rise up to meet you, and the wind always be to your back" God's Speed.

Thank you for your kind words Devldog. Means a lot coming from you.
    devldog likes this.

- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links