Ordered 1 metal detector , they sent me 3

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered this cheap metal detector online because the thing cost less than I could buy a rod for and I only wanted the rod for my custom detector I am making, I figure I might take the control box apart and make a custom pinpointer thingy., . Today I open the big box they sent me and there are three of these machines in there. Good Grief, the child in me wants to keep them but I know I just can't. Bummer, I hate mailing packages.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
If I was in your place I would contact the company and get some shipping labels.
Not a huge deal for me to pack them back in the original box and drop them off somewhere, I am willing to do that.
If the company wants me to pay for postage back to them when they made the mistake, well, they will be waiting for a very long time.

If these things are from some Chinese company then I would consider them yours to do with what you will because shipping just about anything from here to there is usually too expensive on something this cheap even for the company that sent you them.

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s good to know there are MEN left in the world who have a conscience. That being said, leave it up to them what they’d like to do. The rod looks like a Compadre chassis, which is what I use for my chest mounted Explorer2. A nice light S-rod really is a nice setup...

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe you have a legal obligation to return items you didn't order. But, I first would check your receipt, invoice, credit card to make sure you didn't accidentally order three of them.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chinese companies somethimes do that to get rid of older stocks they do not intend to sell any more. Contact them politely. I once ordered a ham DIY transciever kit, i got 2 pcbs and a bag of parts for 3+ of them. I contacted them, and was told to keep it, i gave them 5 stars and a good comment.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Under no obligation to return (as long as you didn't order or pay for 2/3). Often not worth double shipping costs. I once ordered 57 books on antiques for something like $800 and they send me 2 of everything. Sold duplicates and came out even, more or less. It is also possible that they purposely sent you 3 because the units are poorly reliable and sometimes 3 make 1!

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to have one of these it's basic beginer's detector but in no way bad or nonreliable.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it possible they had guilt pangs and sent three to cover the cost of one? ╦╦C

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep them, they look Chinese, I doubt if they will even pay shipping to return them..Ive had similar things happen from Amazon with Lasers.....They just don't care...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An honest man I give you an Honorable mention vote We all make mistakes and hope someone would do the same for us..
Great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread