Tero Vido

N

NinjaT

Absolutely ZILCH for customer service. Don't expect to reach a living soul by phone and expect to wait over a week for an email response if you ever receive one at all. I purchased the Expander and the thing came to me totally defective. The probe extends out very slanted to the right, a huge problem for a directional instrument. There was also a deep scratch coming from under one of the buttons on the upper metal portion. They tried to cover it up with a magic marker. For crying out loud! The CEO is now ignoring my calls and emails. WTF man, total waste of money

View attachment 1737822
View attachment 1737823

Upvote 0

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats not cool, does it work correctly?

OP
OP
N

NinjaT

Wow thats not cool, does it work correctly?

Normally you could hold it in a way that would let gravity center the instrument over the surface of the ground and the buried object. In this case I have to eyeball the angle of the extended probe to make sure its aiming downward in a right degree angle. It creates a major problem when you're attempting to create a visualization of the object because you have to walk at exactly the same pace for each line and hold the probe at exactly the same angle. With a bent probe good luck to you. The product is a disgrace. But receiving such a poorly manufactured product was just the climax of a nightmare experience I've had with this company since the day my payment cleared in to their bank account. Trust me guys... Don't waste your hard earned cash on this garbage

Last edited:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was expensive might want to have an lawyer check it out...

OP
OP
N

NinjaT

The product wasn't cheap. I paid over $4000 for it. The CEO just blocked me on Whatsapp after I asked for an update on getting a replacement.

This guy Eric Koester, the CEO of Tero Vido, he is a scum bag. I should have known he would do this. He was a manager at OKM for 7 years before stealing their designs and leaving the company to form Tero Vido. These devices are copies of the OKM units but look like they've been manufactured in someone's garage in China. I'm telling you guys, stay away from this company unless you want to take a big hit

View attachment 1738057

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NinjaT

I suspect this photo of Eric Koester CEO of Tero Vido (left) I found on his Facebook page is meant for people like me. Its a sad world we live in folks. Don't be as foolish as I was.

View attachment 1738099

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NinjaT

Since the CEO of this company has put me on his ignore list and I don't really have the time or will to pursue legal action, I am going to correct the issue myself by building a new casing for the probe so I can have something that is perfectly straight and rigid. I'd like to share what I'm seeing as I take this thing apart. The bottom of the barrel craftsmanship is astounding. You'd think for $4000 these people could at least use decent materials or say, drill a decent hole for example. Nothing but that little screw and some electrical tape was holding the top metal portion to the PVC pipe casing for the probe. No wonder it felt so loose.

View attachment 1738151
View attachment 1738152
View attachment 1738144
View attachment 1738149
View attachment 1738150
View attachment 1738146
View attachment 1738148
View attachment 1738166
View attachment 1738167

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the issue.

I personally would not have bought anything that expensive from a company that new that wouldnt accept a cc for issues just like this, their website is dated 2018

Neal86

Jan 6, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely ZILCH for customer service. Don't expect to reach a living soul by phone and expect to wait over a week for an email response if you ever receive one at all. I purchased the Expander and the thing came to me totally defective. The probe extends out very slanted to the right, a huge problem for a directional instrument. There was also a deep scratch coming from under one of the buttons on the upper metal portion. They tried to cover it up with a magic marker. For crying out loud! The CEO is now ignoring my calls and emails. WTF man, total waste of money

View attachment 1737822
View attachment 1737823

hello I read your message, do you have the terovido? I have the terovido basic and I am looking for someone to help me understand the graphs.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I read your message, do you have the terovido? I have the terovido basic and I am looking for someone to help me understand the graphs.

I have been interested in purchasing one of these units it would be interesting to here how you feel about the operation of this unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread