Panic hunt yeilds my pulse drive plus ... hand forged spike?

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This starts out two weeks ago when I thought someone had stolen my Pulse Drive Pin pointer from my van. It was driving me nuts wondering where it may have happened in my travels.
This past week end I started thinking back over the week it went missing, starting with the last time I remember using it on a partially cleared construction site. :icon_scratch:

On Sun. I couldn't remember putting it into my van so I headed there to look in the edges of the property where I was last. Low and behold, there it was :hello2:, laying on the ground in a particularly tight spot amoung the palmettos and pepper trees. It gets even better, if that's possible.

Some new areas had been cleared so I decided to swing my AT Max over the newer areas. After an hour there wasn't much for the effort in the heat except a couple of 22 cal bullets. Part of my grid area took me over some previously detected area that was being used for parking. And I got a low/high signal (04, 99, 02, 04, etc) but fairly strong tone and down about 6". Even though I've only been detecting a little over a year even I know this is in the iron range. Out pops a fairly large and pretty crusty square headed piece of metal. Not valuable metal but since it was about 100' west of the dune. I'm pretty sure it is a ships spike. I'm happy but kicking myself at this point since I forgot my phone at home. (Who does that I ask you! :BangHead:) Sorry for not having any insitu pics.

I can only guess it got as close to the surface as it did was if it was attached to wood that got washed ashore in the 1715 hurricane. The bolt remained long after the wood rotted away. Or the timber was possibly used as firewood by survivors.

I'm hoping others here might be able to confirm from my images.
Thanks for looking and any insight or comments.

Attachments

• RecoveredPIDetectorPlusOtherFinds.JPG
    RecoveredPIDetectorPlusOtherFinds.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 48
  • SpikeHead1.JPG
    SpikeHead1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 48
  • SpiketoScale5.JPG
    SpiketoScale5.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 44
  • SpikeTip4Upright.JPG
    SpikeTip4Upright.JPG