Went and tried my hand at water hunting. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Went and tried my hand at water hunting.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Truth, if you water hunt get an Excalibur.

My doctor wants me to give up detecting, it's hurting my joints. Maybe in a a year or two it will be "Smokey the cat invitational dig". Everybody bring the soda and pizza! I'll watch and laugh.
    I’m gonna bring you some “special” brownies that will heal those joints up just fine. They call me Dr. Truth

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22879 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Oh jeez! I can't hardly wait! Had another adventure today, no machine, just lots of artifacts. Now it's too dark to get a good picture!
    Truth likes this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1549 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    OMG This discussion is SO FUNNY because I'm a surf hunter and absolutely love it.
    But recently bought a Nox 800 (for beach/surf hunting) and have been using it a lot in the past 2
    months in dirt. I also have been using my CTX 3030 more recently in dirt.
    I HATE DETECTING IN DIRT!
    On land, too much trash, too hard to recover targets; my god, I get my hand
    and fingernails dirty with dirt! Aaaaaauuuuu.
    You dirt diggers can have it!
    Man, metal detecting dirt is hard work.
    Return me to the surf, any day.
    Sure there are sharks, jellyfish, rip currents,
    and women (or if you prefer, men)
    dressed in the most inappropriate skinny,
    shoe-string, attire.
    Most harmful to the eyes. iiiiiiiiiiii
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View Post
    OMG This discussion is SO FUNNY because I'm a surf hunter and absolutely love it.
    But recently bought a Nox 800 (for beach/surf hunting) and have been using it a lot in the past 2
    months in dirt. I also have been using my CTX 3030 more recently in dirt.
    I HATE DETECTING IN DIRT!
    On land, too much trash, too hard to recover targets; my god, I get my hand
    and fingernails dirty with dirt! Aaaaaauuuuu.
    You dirt diggers can have it!
    Man, metal detecting dirt is hard work.
    Return me to the surf, any day.
    Sure there are sharks, jellyfish, rip currents,
    and women (or if you prefer, men)
    dressed in the most inappropriate skinny,
    shoe-string, attire.
    Most harmful to the eyes. iiiiiiiiiiii
    I don’t know what it is man I just love that dirt
    HI-McDunnogh likes this.

us
    Aug 2019
    Upstate/Central NY, & central Florida
    Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030
    62 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Truth,
    Water hunting is tough, but if you have the machine to do it, DON'T GIVE UP!

Water hunting has PAID for this hobby for me, and I have THREE detectors & pinpointers, and much equipment, all paid for with only jewelry finds, most of which has been recovered in water locations where people gather & party. Wetsuit, snorkel & mask help but not necessary most o the time. Check out my "rings" photo album.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...lbums5363.html

MANY of these, and all the good rings except the class ring, were recovered from water. Hope this changes your mind....

Ocean detecting, now THAT is tougher yet, and I haven't found anything of value yet. Even on calm days, those damn waves will wear you out, or beat you to death at other times. Plus at the prime locations, many detectorists hit the same area's over & over. But, I still won't even give that up because I know that the next swing could be a real prize!

Good luck, and happy hunting!
    Truth likes this.
    Freedom isn't free! Thank You to all who serve and protect both in the military and In Law Enforcement

OH how I LOVE this hobby!

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    526 times
    Metal Detecting
    Darn everyone must betaking about the old oversized waders killing you. The waders I have I can go swimming in and not have a problem.neoprene is the way to go.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by holepuncher View Post
    Darn everyone must betaking about the old oversized waders killing you. The waders I have I can go swimming in and not have a problem.neoprene is the way to go.
    Yeah my waders wasn’t the problem at all mine fit to size and actually feel great. It’s the swinging of the 11” coil and having to scoop so many times for my target. Just frustrating

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1263 times
    I spent Thursday 4hrs, Friday 2hrs, Saturday 2.5hrs and Sunday 3hrs in the water hunting. I hunted last weekend in the water as well. I could spend every day in the water in the summer if my arms and wrists could handle it. You need take a day off here and there to rest. The easy/ calm sites were scrubbed clean by other detectorists. I mean so clean I couldn't get two targets an hour. The ocean beach was impressive this year. I was getting a target every foot, sometimes 2-3 in the same spot. I went two blocks in 2.5 hrs and never had time to stop digging. The only problem is I only got junk, junk jewelry. and coins So far the Equinox is my least lucky machine. Its amazing in the salt water but its just not getting on the gold. The AT pro is my lucky detector. It sucks in salt water but I seem to find gold every time I turn it on. It'll drive me crazy. I am excited to get back out there already. I like the added challenge of water detecting. I blow all the air out so I sink onto my target and crab around the bottom and I just love it. Its been a tough season and a tough year but as long as I am out there I am content. It doesn't hurt that my girl comes out in her bikini to hold my scoop. What a dream. She's not great in the big surf but I can just duck dive under the waves all day and still pull up a few targets.
    Truth likes this.

us
    Jun 2015
    ES of Maryland
    XP Deus Minelab Equinox
    8597 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Id rather be hunting land but Id rather not be constantly knocking on doors to stay on the finds. Thousands of miles of shoreline and no permission required
    Truth and pa-dirt_nc-sand like this.
    Favorite finds
    Colonial Silver Pomander-17th century buckles- Cut Pine Tree Shilling- Louis XIV 4 Sols- 12 Spanish Cobs- Cut Pistareen-1759 Half Real-colonial silver cufflinks-1781 Half Real-gold cufflink- 1814 Half Real-1827 & 1831 Mexico Republic One Reales-1830 Bust Dime-1852 Gold $1-50 Seated silvers-5 Trimes-1865 French 50 centimes love token- 6 gold rings

Feb 2019
    Carson City NV
    Equinox 800, AT Pro
    599 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I dabbled in water until yesterday when I got waterproof headphones. Then I was able to go further than waist deep. Found 3 jewelry items, platinum men’s wedding ring, a religious pendant with 20-30diamonds, a silver pendant with a black stone. Looking forward to working another beach!
    Truth and ROIGuy like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17629 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    With temperatures in the 90's I'd stroke out dirt digging.

Now, 90's in the water - almost heaven.....
    ROIGuy likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links