cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be rewarded! I have been keeping all the old style of pulltabs this year to get a count of how many I dig before I pull some Gold. It's already in the 400+ range and no Gold yet.

Yes, many people are litterbugs and all we can hope for is the next time they throw some trash on the ground, they also throw a ring!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but just think, next time you won't have to squat for those targets and they might have shielded some real goodies!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya sometimes I think I should just wear a Rumpky uniform

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could get me into some more harder to get into places lol

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I make myself dig at least 25 low conductors, pulltabs and can slaw usually, before I disc out nickels and anything below 40-50. Then I shoot for coins to reward myself.

You had a busy day!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make myself dig at least 25 low conductors, pulltabs and can slaw usually, before I disc out nickels and anything below 40-50. Then I shoot for coins to reward myself.

You had a busy day!

Good practice ArthurC, you will be rewarded with some Gold!

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but just think, next time you won't have to squat for those targets and they might have shielded some real goodies!

Judging by how much junk was in this area, and the fact that I probably won't hit it again for at least a year, there will be a whole new crop of crap for me to find next time!:censored:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Hey, all in a day's work in our business.
Keep in mind it can always be worse.

Here is what I dug in a couple of short hours in my local park the very first time I ever used a DD coil.
They say to learn ya gotta dig everything so I did...I just happened to hunt in the exact wrong place to use a full sized DD coil first time out with no experience using that coil.

After this I vowed to learn my detectors, coils and the behavior of trash targets so well I could confidently avoid most of this useless digging...and I eventually did.

Attachments

• 2019-08-04 09.46.18.jpg
    2019-08-04 09.46.18.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 70

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steer clear of trashy places and you will be rewarded! :)

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the idea that most are still trying to cull out the trash ahead of time, but you help yourself by digging some things that by all hints is probably trash. I know coin shooters are more interested in the coins...
After clearing the area you just hunted, the time to go would be asap. Right back over the area you cleaned. Relics are just as important to find as coins to me. Think of how many relics fall into the signal range as the trash. Think about those signals that range around the pull tabs...gold is hard to distinguish. I set up to knock out some iron and hate to do that. What makes me dig every time is the "ROUND" signals...:laughing7:
I know some of you know what I'm saying. There is a noticeably different sound to a round target regardless of material.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of hard digging but the type that reveals the golden metal when it is present in those low conducting targets.
Back in 1985 it was considered to be that if you dug 2,000 pull-tabs that one of those signals would be a gold ring on average. Fast forward 34 years, how many more pull-tabs have entered the ground compared to gold rings?
I hope your reward isn't far away and I know from experience that lots of nice goodies that resonate like trash await the patient digger.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the idea that most are still trying to cull out the trash ahead of time, but you help yourself by digging some things that by all hints is probably trash. I know coin shooters are more interested in the coins...
After clearing the area you just hunted, the time to go would be asap. Right back over the area you cleaned. Relics are just as important to find as coins to me. Think of how many relics fall into the signal range as the trash. Think about those signals that range around the pull tabs...gold is hard to distinguish. I set up to knock out some iron and hate to do that. What makes me dig every time is the "ROUND" signals...:laughing7:
I know some of you know what I'm saying. There is a noticeably different sound to a round target regardless of material.

I hunt in all metal and didn't leave any non-ferrous targets behind. That's why I dug so much junk. It's a hiking trail that's been "improved" over the last 100+ years. Lot's of fill dirt and gravel with very little virgin ground. I did get a 1909 wheatie though. :icon_thumleft:. Probably an S-VDB, since it's too crusty on the reverse to see the VDB, and it took a small hit where the mint mark would be on the obverse. :BangHead:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I hunt in all metal and didn't leave any non-ferrous targets behind. That's why I dug so much junk." cudamark

I can tell! I laugh at myself when I take off walking, thinking I'm going to do 2, 3 ,4 hours of hunting. Sometimes my pouch is so full of crap I dig that I can't lug it anymore and I end the hunt because I'm gonna have to carry it back as far as I walked.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not alone, as we all dig the trash! That is if you want to find the good stuff.
This is my last outing on 8/11/19:
70 coins (oldest being a 1939 wheatie, and 17 total older than 1970)
27 brass grommets
17 pull-tabs / 3 bottle tops
one copper button
and about a dozen "other" trash

IMG_20190811_193845699.jpg
IMG_20190811_194008691.jpg

But I have pulled several silvers, a gold class ring, and a silver ruby ring from this same area. Sooooo, it will come!

Last edited:

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for the first time this year and brought home a bucket full of trash myself. :BangHead:
The little clad and mood ring i found didn't satisfy

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last and only gold ring (from the 18th century) I found last month on a big field. There is nearly no trash on it, but you have to walk a lot to have any good signal and if it's one the probability is high to have a good find. So you can dig until you are totally exhausted or you have simply a long cool walk. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread