New to this. Best equipment? Help? Located near Tampa...

Vinoso

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2019
Near Tampa, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Been on here a few days now. Looking stuff up. Figured I'd just go ahead and ask the pros!

Whats the best equipment for finding treasure? Not just lost rings at the beach, but deep scanning? Ground and by boat... maybe shipwrecks?

Have a decent amount of money to invest. Just need some help to get on the right path...

Thanks in advance!

-Vin

Upvote 0

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If as you say you have plenty money to invest there will be many willing to work with you. :coffee2:

Beware, be vigilant.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Start your search at a company called JW Fishers.
Professional equipment for treasure hunters and salvage and rescue workers.

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Make sure you check with the venders on this site. They can help you with just about everything you need and can answer most of your questions. Good luck.

OP
OP
V

Vinoso

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2019
Near Tampa, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive also been looking into flying drones for scanning too. Is this even a viable option yet?

OP
OP
V

Vinoso

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2019
Near Tampa, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Make sure you check with the venders on this site. They can help you with just about everything you need and can answer most of your questions. Good luck.

Im in Niagara, Canada in 3 weeks! Awesome.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you may need more than one piece of equipment depending on the type of searches you'll be doing. You'd have to be a bit more specific on where you will be searching, what you hope to find, whether you need it to be waterproof or not, deep diving underwater, or searching for small gold nuggets, etc. Also, we'd need to know your budget.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all. Been on here a few days now. Looking stuff up. Figured I'd just go ahead and ask the pros!

Whats the best equipment for finding treasure? Not just lost rings at the beach, but deep scanning? Ground and by boat... maybe shipwrecks?

Have a decent amount of money to invest. Just need some help to get on the right path...

Thanks in advance! -Vin

Myers Metal Detectors 5601 N Florida Ave Tampa, Florida 33604(813) 237-1939

Tell him Terry Soloman sent you!

OP
OP
V

Vinoso

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2019
Near Tampa, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you may need more than one piece of equipment depending on the type of searches you'll be doing. You'd have to be a bit more specific on where you will be searching, what you hope to find, whether you need it to be waterproof or not, deep diving underwater, or searching for small gold nuggets, etc. Also, we'd need to know your budget.

Im interested in finding hidden caches with hopefully metal dector drones?

Also sunken ships with my underwater rover good to 330 feet deep.

From cedar key down to Sarasota. All well out of the is it 9 or 10 miles from coast of Florida on the west coast? Ive heard 9 and 10 but 3 miles on east coast.

I know for fact that a barrel of gold has been found nearby.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From cedar key down to Sarasota. All well out of the is it 9 or 10 miles from coast of Florida on the west coast? Ive heard 9 and 10 but 3 miles on east coast.

I know for fact that a barrel of gold has been found nearby.

That's way out of my league and expertise. Good luck to you!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of making a huge capital investment, you might look in to renting or leasing that side-scanning sonar or towed-array magnetometer.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If metal detecting drones exist it would be my guess the military owns them and they don't share their toys until they are obsolete and they have much better toys.

Peta

Sep 8, 2019
Bellingham, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only flying metal detector I'm aware of...haha. P3_photo_C4_ASW_IOC_article_24_Oct_2011.jpg

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If metal detecting drones exist it would be my guess the military owns them and they don't share their toys until they are obsolete and they have much better toys.

Then the Marine Corps gets them. Ha

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021

Thanks in advance!

-Vin
I've got a nice JW Fisher Pulse 6x. Used for two hours. New battery. $900.00. New ones are $1400.00 + tax (about $100 here in California). I don't know if you can PM or not, so here's my email: [email protected]. I hear these things are good on shipwrecks.
If I'm breaking any rules here, my apologies. Just trying to give a guy a good deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread