Garrett AT Max Issues
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Doug from NS
  • 2 Post By Joe-Dirt
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: Garrett AT Max Issues

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Apr 2019
    Nova Scotia
    Currently Fisher F75LTD SE
    559 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Garrett AT Max Issues

I got an AT Max about 6 weeks ago and have been loving it. I have managed to find lots of items in areas where I have been many times before. I find it to be especially good in trashy areas where the recovery is so fast that I am finding coins beside large chunks of iron.

For the last two weeks though I have started having issues. I have been noticing that the battery indicator very quickly went from 4 bars down to 1. I initially blamed this on the rechargeable Duracells that I was using, but even putting brand new batteries into it would quickly or immediately drop to 1 bar. Every now and then it would go back to 4 bars, so I am thinking that there is a loose connection somewhere.

Additionally, I have been getting high toned signals but no numbers are appearing. This does not happen all the time and when I dig those tones I am usually finding iron.

Finally the machine will just start screaming a high pitch tone and not stop until it is switched off. I think it is because it thinks that the batteries are low.

Has anybody else been having these issues? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for any input

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Minelab Equinox 600, AT max, AT pro, 8 coils, 2 Garrett carrots, 2 trash barrels (full) and some dull shovels.
    4451 times
    Coin shooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The only strange thing mine does (or doesn’t do) is except the 4.5” super sniper coil which Garret’s says is compatible. I don’t get the double beep when resetting coils and I get nothing but white noise. Other than that, no issues.
    “I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27438 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Did you try using 4 new Energizer (max) or comparable batteries? Rechargeable batteries have a lower voltage and if they are older, holding their max voltage even after recharge; just cannot be achieved. Energizers...start with 1.56 volts when new. Give it a try, if not a trip to Garrett is in order. Good Luck.
    Doug from NS likes this.

Sponsored Links