Need advice
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 2 Post By CASPER-2

Thread: Need advice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2012
    Georgetown ky
    Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Need advice

So I've been researching the heck out of a area in my county and found out its owned by the fiscal court. There is a public mountain bike trail system within the area so I know that its public access but I'm not sure about metal detecting there. I do know there is a 200yr old foundation on the property that is eating away at me. Not asking permission do to it being a bad can of worms cause my parks are all detector friendly and I'm not wanting to change that But dont want to get into hell if I'm not aloud to detect there.
    BEEP,BEEP,BEEP,BEEP....(DIGGING)....PULL TAB...$H!T

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    559 times
    I assume by fiscal court you mean county owned. I would probably hunt it (Maybe I have been lucky but I hunt almost all open county owned land without issue)

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7320 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    There should be posted rules regarding use on that piece of land. You may have to go to the courthouse to research them if they're not available online. With a public trail through that area, I would probably just go hunt it. If they don't want you to be there, they'll let you know!
    3cylbill likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14982 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    There should be posted rules regarding use on that piece of land. You may have to go to the courthouse to research them if they're not available online. With a public trail through that area, I would probably just go hunt it. If they don't want you to be there, they'll let you know!
    Do like old friend of mine used to do - hunt it and if someone comes up tell them a guy in a older red pick up truck was there and you asked him and he said no problem.
    I was with him once at an iffy spot and i told him go ahead and hunt - i"ll watch - he was finding some good and i was
    jealous - a guy pulls up and says "what are you doing?" and he told him "looking for old stuff" He then threw it out there
    "Older guy in a red pick up came by and i asked him if it was okay if i detected here for a little while and he said it was okay"
    The guy said, "that was probably Charlie.. okay ...good luck".
    He said he used that a few other times in the past
    ROIGuy and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    11222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    Do like old friend of mine used to do - hunt it and if someone comes up tell them a guy in a older red pick up truck was there and you asked him and he said no problem.
    I was with him once at an iffy spot and i told him go ahead and hunt - i"ll watch - he was finding some good and i was
    jealous - a guy pulls up and says "what are you doing?" and he told him "looking for old stuff" He then threw it out there
    "Older guy in a red pick up came by and i asked him if it was okay if i detected here for a little while and he said it was okay"
    The guy said, "that was probably Charlie.. okay ...good luck".
    He said he used that a few other times in the past
    Thanks for this! Love the idea I may modify this to "guy in a black suv" cause that sounds official.
    Knowing some important folks in your county is a big help also. Kind of a good ol' boy culture at work around here.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Sponsored Links