Is treasure hunting dead?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that nobody is interested in buying anything anymore. Not just my stuff, but lots of other folks appear to be lowering prices with no response. What is going on? Is the economy so good people are just not buying used stuff? Have people just lost interest? Is the weather a factor? Is there a new generation that wants just new stuff? What are your thoughts?? Classifieds is stagnant.

Upvote 0

Mr. B

Mar 23, 2017
SW Fla.
Detector(s) used
2-Exal 2s Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My great great uncle served in the army of Northern Va. under Capt. Chew. He was hit in the leg with a cannon ball and taken out of the war on the first battle of Manassis.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 35+ yrs of detecting I'm discouraged by all the chain link fences and no trespassing signs posted everywhere. Years ago we could detect almost anywhere but not now. Sunday I rode around looking for a place to hunt and found nothing in 4 hrs. even churches had chain link fences and signs. Public places now have strict rules so detecting is off limits. Since this is the case detecting can only go down hill as sites dry up. Too bad because it used to be a lot of fun.

OP
OP
coinshooter

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must live in CA. I can sympathise with you. oh.. I see it's FL. I hear that is just as bad with the laws, etc.

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Market stays flooded with new technology where as time was new detector models were introduced every few years, now its every few months.
Our $$$ can't keep up with technology.

g

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just boring millineals with no interest in anything but electronics lol