New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great - I will send you the NDA when I get a chance but no later than this weekend.
    eman1000 likes this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    385 times
    Inspector
    I recommend Tom of Calif for a coin machine ....He give a honest review ......Terry for a Gold model i think he lost interest in the beach to many on lookers .....I wish you luck and i hope to see the reviews in 2020
    docweiser likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Thanks - I will reach out to them

us
    E-Trac Wizard

May 2016
    Chester County, PA
    E-Trac
    193 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd test coinshooting for silver coins. I've taken detailed notes on all my sites over the past 10 years, and have new sites to work in the queue.

If I were to improve the E-trac I would add a GPS without a ridiculous increase in cost (I'm very meticulous about what areas of a site I've covered, and what I have not), and I would not restrict the ability to add any 3rd party coil I want.
    docweiser and roygpa like this.
    Oldest US: 1793 chain cent; 1800 half dime | 1830 bust half | 1842 seated half | 1857 & 1876CC seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    582 times
    Doc,

Just some thoughts if I was designing a metal detector (I have considered this as well but lack the resources & time) I would want my first machine to be simple and reliable. I personally wouldn't try to beat the Minelabs and DEUS of the world your first release.

The most important thing to get right is the discrimination (If you can really tell good from bad then you have already achieved more than most) So if there is some way to either disc, vdi, or audio tell from a pull tab from a nickel or a bottle cap from a quarter then you have really achieved something.

I think something like the Tesoro Compadre with a small DD coil maybe 6-8" would be a great first release. (IMO no need initially for multi-freq) Waterproofing is expensive and could be a second release goal.

Now if you had a lightweight Compadre like machine with a nice VDI range 0-100 for example and good discrimination the last two killer features would be price point <$400 and open-source software!

There isn't really anyone selling a machine with a base software program that you can modify or tweak and load your own program. A good example of this is the 3d printer market that allows the user base to make changes and contribute to the next stable releases.

Best of luck (I'm in Indiana if you get units ready let me know)
    docweiser likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7402 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    [QUOTE=docweiser;6308763]OK - setting aside a considerable amount of project startup money and planning documents underway - I will need field testers if anyone is interested, will be picking (if anyone shows interest) by hunter type - Gold, Relics, Coins by metal, to start. NDA's with my Corp required from the get go, field testers will be handsomely compensated and of course the opportunity for employment does too.

Depending on what is spelled out in the contract, I'd be willing to do some testing also. I have 49+ years of detecting experience in most aspects of the hobby.
    docweiser likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    119 times
    I miss people willing to think out of the frame.
    Here's the warning: the VLF is an old cow that is going to be milked dry as long as it lasts, there is a whole new technology in the locker. This tech reached its peek, can you offer a VLF that will be significantly better or you will end up with another VLF in highly competitive market, shadowed by Chinese dumping copies... and do not be mistaken a tx850 doesn't just look as G2, it also performs as one. I pearsonly do not belive there is much room for another VLF, but don't take my word for it.

Do some research on "humanitarian demining tools develpement" (or was it part of DARPA) some 10 yeares ago, when bunch of EU and US labs and universities start developing visualization algoritms and AI target recognitions. If you trust me with your e-mail in PM i might send you few PhD and Master thesis that might keep you awake tonight.
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Sep 26, 2019 at 12:35 PM.
    docweiser and XLV like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    I am not ready yet to reveal the technologies that will be used - MUST file the patent paperwork 1st - in progress. Will glad to look at the papers you speak - my email will be in your inbox shortly. I design and manufacture phased array systems for a wide variety of disciplines so I am very much UP on newest technologies, that said: one paragraph sometimes can provide vast insight into something you already know but never heard quite that way.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    For all that have shown interest in field testing or to apply for full time employment please PM full legal name and address so I can send you the Non Disclosure Agreement

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Well I am actually in tune with what you are saying, have been for a very long time. You'd be amazed at what you can extract from radio signals if they are applied in a way that the return signals have all the information you need for just about any application, it is what you do with the information (complex data) that makes the difference as long as the original transmission is designed to ALLOW further processing of said return data, to reconstruct your objective.

There is much more to what I am actually doing here though. I want to give back to people like you - I want my machine to do what YOU want it to do. It is not about money, though I expect to make some. I only need patents and NDA's to prevent others from stealing the ideas to profit from and overcharge you, my audience is YOU. I lived a long,exciting and lucrative life. Because of recent health issues my time here COULD be reduced by far more than I expected.

I don't want to exit stage left without giving back the exhaustive knowledge and experience I have stuck in my head. And I want to give it back to you, the people with the same passions I have and the same quests that require energy, exploration, thinking and determination!

I have a few good machines in my mind with the underlying technology already tested. I've set aside all the resources needed to accomplish the task, I hope to see a bunch of happy people when this is done!

I've observed some on this forum that remind me of myself when I was 45 years younger and hope to see those people step up to the plate and be part of this.

So basically - just having FUN and finishing up on an old idea.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    119 times
    I am deeply sorry to hear about your health condition, do not want to patrify you, but just want you to know miracles are rare, but they do happen. My health have been serving me wery well so fare, non the less, due to other reasones, my life has been saved by pure luck in several occasions.
    docweiser likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Thanks, I am hopeful so it's not like I sit around depressed. Working like it's gone and according to doc that could happen!

us
    Jun 2017
    EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
    38 times
    Metal Detecting
    Although my experience is not anywhere near some of the folks here I would really enjoy the opportunity to participate at any level.
    I am in the North East USA and have many old (for the US) sites and also close to the salt water beaches.
    Ergonomics, modular, repairable, ability to update on different platforms, wide temperature operating range, rechargeable are important features in my opinion. If vdi is used fair sized display is nice as our eyes don't improve over time. Also the audio of some of the units available now are tough to listen to. Ease of use seems to be the way the market is headed as well.

I do have some ideas that I would be happy to share if you have the need for another volunteer.

Thanks, FWest

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Open to all ideas Fwest - if serious about field testing please PM me your full legal name and address and I will send you and NDA, sending a bunch out this weekend.

About when do you expect to have units in hand to test. We will freeze up hard here in January and be that way till early March.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links