New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Actually next March is about right - at the moment, things could change we'll see!

March is prime digging season, when the brush is all dead and the bugs and snakes aren't out yet! We hit it hard and for keeps in March.
    docweiser likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Hopefully I can have a machine in your skilled hands about then
    XLV likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    All that PM'd for the NDA and any new that do, I was invited to a crab out with family so running late on the NDA's - have to fill out your names and address in the document.

Definitely by tomorrow but may start tonight, we have like 8 now and with a broad spectrum of user types which is perfect! Thanks!

Also, after the NDA's are done (signed, returned and filed) the fun begins!

PS: All field testers get paid no if and's or but's....appreciate the thought but you will be asked to work so get paid!

For now, if you've asked for an NDA - I want you to (between nor and next March) take a dime and a penny and about 5 or 6 pull tabs for each and bury one of each in 2 spots of each area consider prime territory in a place that other searchers will not even check, (but soil is same!) each one gets buried with 5 or 6 pull tabs. - need them to sit for those months to settle in, oxidize, leach etc.......thanks!

Edited because I forgot to add a nail to the list, also with tabs....
    Last edited by docweiser; Sep 28, 2019 at 05:33 PM.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    119 times
    Will your product offer a target image or it will be more VDI/depth/size thing?
    docweiser likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    Until I have the NDA's and the patents "filed" I can't release any information about the "idea" which could cause another entity to try and make a claim, after the NDA is signed and filed those that are selected will be privy to some information but for aforementioned reasons it MUST be kept between valid and accepted NDA holders.

There are cutthroats out there and what we write here can be found in a simple google search. I don't want anyone to ruin OUR chance to make a great machine at a very affordable price, hope that's understandable!
    FWest likes this.

gb
    Sep 2019
    Chatham
    4 times
    I saw someone mention GPS, most of us have a smartphone with built in GPS, so why spend money on incorporating it into the machine when you could use an app.
    I imagine Bluetooth will be built in for headphones, so use that to send the details of the target to the app. That would enable a user to sweep an area when they either have very little time or there are people around who you rather not see what you find. The app could then bring the user back to the location at a better time to investigate the target, without the time wasted sweeping between targets (i.e. not doing it twice.)
    Jacza and docweiser like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    62 times
    GPS will be involved but how is not set in stone yet. Phone apps at this point in time are not safe insofar as "secrecy" is concerned, Also we have come a long way in technology. You can actually get an entire FMCW 24 GHz radar system on a single IC chip! That said, it is something to be considered despite lack of privacy (google watching everything you do) because there are as you mention, real estate management, dancing around existing patents etc.

Thanks, your idea, like the others so far are on the list.

PS: Have 3 out of six signed and returned NDA's (miscounted 8 earlier) - will soon be setting up a private conference / information system for those actively working on the project, which reminds me, we need a name for the 1st line of machine(s).

de
    Apr 2016
    Makro Multi Kruzer / Fisher F11 with Nel Tornado coil
    144 times
    I'm looking for a multifrequency detector like the equinox, but where you can either see the target id of every frequency separately or where you can program the final target id (and tone) from the different frequency target ids (like average, min, max, and so on).
    docweiser likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    119 times
    There is GPS and GPS. The one of interest would be high resolution version, but i believe it is available under subscription fee only.

I need to map microlocation ofently - or the location of the grid i use on the ground. For now, the geological compass does most of the job, but it's old fashioned and cumbersom, takes a lot of time. I was thinkin about a pair or radio or ultrasound beakons as simple and chip solution, but never actually took the time to build such sistem.

Privacy, unfortunately, is only a virtual term nowdays. Since the invention of transistor, anybody can be spied upon at any time. The game changer was the ability to spy on everybody all the time, and process all the data. Ask yourselfe who's money is powering those milions of computers of the "gigants". Is it really profitable to run and maintain milions of computer clusters around the world and not really selling anything? Or perhaps, they are selling something...... worth it.-

Name? The UnderVisor X666.
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Sep 30, 2019 at 11:31 AM.
    docweiser likes this.

us
    E-Trac Wizard

May 2016
    Chester County, PA
    E-Trac
    193 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Technomage View Post
    I saw someone mention GPS, most of us have a smartphone with built in GPS, so why spend money on incorporating it into the machine when you could use an app.
    I mentioned onboard GPS and here's why I prefer it to a phone, and quite simply its because I don't take my phone when I detect. That is because

a) I prefer to spend as much time off the grid as possible, as my day job involves too much on the grid time
    b) A phone is one more thing to carry, and I'd rather not
    c) Everything I carry when I detect gets really dirty. My phone and its case are in great shape, and I'd like them to stay that way
    d) I could easily see losing my phone while detecting
    e) I don't want to take my gloves off every time I want a GPS fix

I know some people are tethered to their phones, and one wonders how they got by before the invention of the smartphone. I'm the exact opposite; I just got my first phone 2 years ago, and only because it was expected by my employer that I be able to receive text messages. I hate having a phone, tho I'll admit I must be in the vast minority.

Minelab though enough of the GPS idea to put one on the CTX 3030; I don't know exactly how it works as I have not used that machine, but I envision 1 button push to store GPS location, and USB or bluetooth download of waypoints into kml or some other easy to process format on a desktop app (in my case, I would probably use google earth, but the options are endless here, depending on what you are doing).

I didn't feel like springing for a CTX 3030 when the E-Trac works just fine IMO, so I do this the old fashioned way, with paper and compass, then enter it by hand in google earth. Works great if you are working a huge field over several years (as I do), and want to remember exactly where you were. GPS would make this easier, tho.
    docweiser likes this.
    Oldest US: 1793 chain cent; 1800 half dime | 1830 bust half | 1842 seated half | 1857 & 1876CC seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

us
    Mar 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
    98 times
    Metal Detecting
    If you need a field tester who nobody has ever heard of and and whose opinion will be respected by few, and who is a casual silver coin detectorist, I think I am your man.

P.S. and I don't have any issues signing an NDA.

And if you want what I'd like to see on a dream machine, if would have a screen similar to fish finding sonars that incorporate side imaging like:
    Name:  side imaging.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  10.6 KB

-Roy
    Last edited by roygpa; Sep 30, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
    docweiser likes this.
    Member of Monroeville Area Metal Detecting Club (MAMDC) (PA)

https://www.facebook.com/roygpa

Let me know when we get closer and I'll get you the disclosure agreement. I have over 50 years experience - but still don't know the math on these things!
    docweiser likes this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    385 times
    Inspector
    Where i hunt VLF is a waste of time any PI that WP and discriminates good that machine i look forward to
    Last edited by XLV; Sep 30, 2019 at 03:21 PM.
    docweiser likes this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33984 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Feather Weight, 1 Lb or Less, Maximum Depth , Max Sensitivity, super Stability in all Grounds , and a Cross hair or Number Meter. & Under $300.00

No Words like Gold Coin to Lie about that Can Tab or Vice/Versa

I'll know what it is when I see it & Have fun Guessing from the Little Info Given
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 30, 2019 at 03:36 PM.
    docweiser likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links