New Metal Detector Design Requirement Wish List

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around October - November time line I will be seriously looking at several BRAND NEW designs for a new detector that I will design and bring to market. I am looking for any input as to requirements, a wish list. Please only reasonable requests / ideas if you don't mind. I am doing this for YOU as my prospecting parameters are already met bar a few bells and whistles in the new designs. There will be at least 2 -3 designs based on similar technology but I want to make the main design with YOUR input in mind.

You can see my post about patent concerns here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tech-talk/533504-enough-single-frequency-vlf-machines.html although this is just a reply to another member and does not go into great detail concerning my understanding of patents and the ability to work around same.

As long as your wish is reasonable then no request will be considered stupid. All requests will be documented and considered.

Fire at will.....

Upvote 0

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
All this new tech sounds great but in the real world a plain old shovel beats it hands down ....May be am to old or everything on this side of the world is fake ...Heard of a German LRL that i think was a fake chinese copy that had some of these features you talk about with a screen what i heard in a urban area it was useless ...I never heard of any stories of anyone on this side of the world finding anything with new tech machines ...At 2 sites VLF is worthless iron rocks every where the other the beach is black in color ...So one more question in a place where there a volcano near your site what the odds the machine will give accurate readings ?? ...remember may be Fe , Ni , Al , Mg , Co, Mn and some real big hot rocks are in the soil in large amounts ...Other machine i heard mentioned you had to clear a road threw the jungle for the truck it was in and cost what 6 figures ....What sells the most here is fakes and copy LRL which was a scam from the start ...Remember if your machine good and word gets out the chinese will be selling more clones then you sell

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, good GPR machines are expensive and way over priced, but then the cheap fakes are just a big waste of money. Finally we have someone fighting that but we'll see.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i hope to see Thegreenboy testing one soon he the man if its a deep model i trust his findings about the machine don't even think of testing it where am at in south east asia there be no market here to much corruption

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number 1 on 1st model :) I am thinking after reading the comments here that I may release first model without a patent using similar but NOT the actual technology my idea calls for just to get a great bunch of people - having FUN for cheap!

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an email from one of our NDA requests. He has some ideas he wants to protect (and they are good) but didn't understand something I want to make clear to all 6 now, NDA holders. The NDA that you've signed protects both parties! So, it protects you as much as it protects us! Also see my reply above about 1st model.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have 6 testers now covering CA, NJ, Maine and PA. Not bad we could use more! Thought there was someone from MD but must've overlooked it for now. For those that are officially part of the project now, I will be setting up a meeting place (like this) to control testing information and to hold meetings either by chat or phone, no information will be shared with anyone. There are several that don't want to be paid - please PM your reasoning or email my company address.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to seven field techs and what a bunch, four engineers of all different categories and all important to a new product design. All of them are avid enthusiasts and want to stop digging damn pull tabs! I think for this project we've a dream team assembling, we need more field techs especially in West Mid-West, the south and Canada, maybe another 4-6 players.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used the Garrett AT Pro for 4 years and I've now used the XP Deus for over 3 years.
Both of these units are great units and both companies took care of me when I needed warranty service. :thumbsup:

Dave

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For NDA holders, company group email has been sent please check your AviTech account - thanks!

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update for forum readers in general and for that 7th field tech.

We have 6 long standing members of the Tnet forum signed up and working on this project! The flood of ideas meant to help all of you is absolutely amazing! These people are hard working and caring people who all want a great machine for this community at a great price! The emails flying around almost daily are inspiring and even better than I hoped. We are already looking at at least 3 patents and the company has been assigned an ID for direct communications with the patent office.

For the 7th potential person, please sign up now and get into the idea pool, you are already accepted just need to jump in! Oh, we are talking with Tnet about becoming a "preferred vendor", depending on what's involved we'll see.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful what you wish for, too lazy will put on the pounds! :)

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend Tom of Calif for a coin machine ....He give a honest review ......Terry for a Gold model i think he lost interest in the beach to many on lookers .....I wish you luck and i hope to see the reviews in 2020

Do you have contact info - cutting off new testers on 11/15/19 - thanks

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting