My Finds over the years. Posting to this one thread.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, being fairly new to the forum, I guess this is the place to share our finds from metal detecting. So in this thread, I will continue adding old finds, and new finds as they come in. I did post a few in the "New Member" forum:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...history-thread-since-addicting-beginning.html

Start with my oldest coins to date:

1802 Large Cent: IMG_20190828_101915231.jpg

1859 Indian Head Cent: IMG_20190828_102023125.jpg

1887 Indian Head Cent: 1887 Indian Head penny.JPG

1881 Indian Head Cent: IMG_20190828_101756155.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And These are my Silver Coin finds to date:

Untitled.jpg

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Zippidy~Do~Daa

Aug 24, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Collection CCDAMEEK. The silver collection looks to be in great shape. Is that due to being harder alloys? Plus not as long in the ground I suppose. Very nice. I hope my adventures can be that exciting. So far I have 2 bent nails and an iron bent plate that my husband told me to throw in the heap pile. (Next time I may not show him my treasures.. :)) After reading the laws on the beaches around here, that is where I am headed to next. Thank you for sharing, it's very inspiring.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now for a couple of my ring finds:

18K Yellow gold, Ruby & Diamond:
attachment.php

14K Yellow gold:
attachment.php

Platinum Band:
attachment.php

14K white gold & Diamond:
attachment.php

None of these had any inscriptions!

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Collection CCDAMEEK. The silver collection looks to be in great shape. Is that due to being harder alloys? Plus not as long in the ground I suppose. Very nice. I hope my adventures can be that exciting. So far I have 2 bent nails and an iron bent plate that my husband told me to throw in the heap pile. (Next time I may not show him my treasures.. :)) After reading the laws on the beaches around here, that is where I am headed to next. Thank you for sharing, it's very inspiring.

Silver is a softer metal than copper and nickel but doesn't corrode in the soil like the others do and is practically impervious to moisture and many chemicals used in fields. Silver coins will usually come out looking much like they did before being lost.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Rings:

Silver & Turquois Indian made:

attachment.php

Huge 1-ounce Silver- LA:
attachment.php

Ladies Silver Filigree & Ruby :
attachment.php

My first Men's 14K Gold & Diamond missing main stone:

attachment.php

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zippidy, If you are learning to detect without any help, the first thing you need to learn is PATIENCE! If you don't practice Patience, you will give up on this hobby in a hurry.

I would like to recommend you locate some video's that are highlighting your particular metal detector, to learn about it's capabilities & settings, so you will have more luck in finding Non-Junk. But, you have to be willing to find junk, and a LOT of it, to really find the good stuff.

And if you are considering the salt beaches, it requires specialty settings and discriminations that some detectors do not have, or have well enough.

Videos on your detector's use are a huge benefit to the beginner.

Happy Hunting!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More rings:

Two Silvers; Celtic knot, & Amethyst w/diamond chips:

attachment.php

Two more silvers; Footprints, & Turquois:

attachment.php

Three more silvers; Diamond chip ring, braided ropes, & simple band

attachment.php

Vintage Silver:

attachment.php

MORE TO FOLLOW!

Zippidy~Do~Daa

Aug 24, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you CCDAMEEK for the info on the videos. I don't give up to easy. I've been practicing with my metal detector when I can and testing out the settings. I can't say that I'm in it to get rich, but I really do love to hunt for things and learn about the things I find. Not to mention just roaming around outside. That alone will keep my interest in full swing.

I'm not near any salt water, But very near to the great lakes to detect in. Might find a few fishing lures:)

Everything that is found has a story to tell and I think that is what intrigues me the most. Not to mention all of the history that I'm learning about my state.

By the way, very nice ring collection you have gathered together. You must have been detecting for quite some time.

Keep up the hunt and may God be with you.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you CCDAMEEK for the info on the videos. I don't give up to easy. I've been practicing with my metal detector when I can and testing out the settings. I can't say that I'm in it to get rich, but I really do love to hunt for things and learn about the things I find. Not to mention just roaming around outside. That alone will keep my interest in full swing.

I'm not near any salt water, But very near to the great lakes to detect in. Might find a few fishing lures:)

Everything that is found has a story to tell and I think that is what intrigues me the most. Not to mention all of the history that I'm learning about my state.

By the way, very nice ring collection you have gathered together. You must have been detecting for quite some time.

Keep up the hunt and may God be with you.

Well, Thanks for the compliments. But for real, for every one of those rings, there were probably 1000 pull tabs and even more pennies! Really can't understand why the human race is so intent on destroying this earth, when the places I hunt in general, people gather there for the beauty and the natural resources. And then they trash the places. :BangHead: :angry4: :angry4: :cussing:

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to our Florida home now, and have all my silver coins that I've dug finally in one place, and in holders.

So here is an updated silver count:

One 1909 Barber Half Dollar.
One 1953 Franklin Half Dollar.
Washington Quarters: 1934, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948
One 1957 Elizabeth II Canadian Quarter.
One 1904 Barber Dime.
Mercury Dimes: 1934, 1942 (x2), 1943, 1945.
Roosevelt Dimes: 1948, 1951, 1953.
Jefferson Nickels: 1944 (x3) [35% silver]
(My photo also has a buffalo nickel in it which isn't silver, but it's the only one I have :laughing7:

Silver coins dug to 9-14-2019.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread