Squeezed in One more day at my Honey Hole!

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to squeeze in another day at my honey hole. Not only a great day digging, but I learned that the sale of the property is not a guarantee, so I may get a chance next summer still! Man am I going to miss this place to hunt if it does sell.

Dug up 98 coins including a 1936 wheatie and 1-silver quarter that not a lot of U.S.A. detectorists might find, but including 37 zincolns; one key; one old silver ring; and about 25 pull tabs.

The haul (minus the ring pull tabs & silver coin -- cleaned them up the night of the hunt and already put them safely away). Check out those 1983 and newer Lincoln cents in the upper left of the photo. These were dug from the grass area around a swimming pool. They were indistinguishable, coming out of the ground crusty black, and had to be soaked overnight in lime-away (I know, bad juice but as you can see, the coins were beyond usable). Believe the chlorine from the pool is what caused this to happen.

IMG_20190909_081221731.jpg

The Silver ring and 1957 Canadian Silver Quarter before leaving the honey hole for the day.

7691636328121007812.jpg

The Silver (& Mother of Pearl I think) Ring cleaned up.

IMG_20190908_211018778.jpg

And the 1957 Canadian Silver Quarter cleaned up!

IMG_20190908_210824706.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring and the Canadian quarter is good too Chip. I also think it stinks to find what our coinage has come to. I think aluminum would last longer than the zinc...

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring and the Canadian quarter is good too Chip. I also think it stinks to find what our coinage has come to. I think aluminum would last longer than the zinc...

They ought to just do away with the cents, as Canada has. People just don't want them and toss them out like the junk they are. Plus it cost's more to make than a cent, so what's the point!

Maybe then people will start throwing away nickels. :laughing7::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread