Best decectors ? HELP!

ExcalSam

Sep 8, 2019
Davie, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would assume you want a water machine. Search up water detectors and compare features, price. They all work. It's up to you to learn to use. Understand what the machine is telling you. Anyone can tell you to get this or that but it all boils down to what will work for what you want it to do.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^^What he said. There is no best detector for everything, so you have to choose what qualities you want, and targets you seek, and environment it will be used in, and let us know what they are so we can help.

OP
OP
A

Asherr

Greenie
Sep 11, 2019
St Lucia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to find older artifacts/coins/metal objects. I'd like to scuba to at least 30 -60 feet, use on the beach and in the mountains and rivers aswell. I found some pieces of feather edge glass and other pieces that may have been bottles in st Lucia and I've heard some people have found a few coins and musket balls in the area. I also found a gold ring (modern locally styled) on a dive in the area (unfortunately it just disappeared) but I believe I could find more items in the area....any information is helpful, I've already started research online. Would like to be sure my purchase is quality because I will have to find shipping to my region or have a friend bring it in for me. Our mail system is not like the U.s and our port taxes very appealing :(

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 to 60 feet underwater will narrow things down quite a bit. A machine capable of those conditions probably isn't the best choice for the other types of hunting you've mentioned. Were it me, I'd look at two different machines: one for the diving, and another (also waterproof) for the other types of hunting you plan on. There are at least two makes of a hand-held diving detector (somewhat similar to a pin-pointer) - one is by Nokta/Makro and the other is by Quest. I'm not sure if either is rated for the depths you're talking about, but it might be worth your time to check them out.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to find older artifacts/coins/metal objects. I'd like to scuba to at least 30 -60 feet, use on the beach and in the mountains and rivers aswell. I found some pieces of feather edge glass and other pieces that may have been bottles in st Lucia and I've heard some people have found a few coins and musket balls in the area. I also found a gold ring (modern locally styled) on a dive in the area (unfortunately it just disappeared) but I believe I could find more items in the area....any information is helpful, I've already started research online. Would like to be sure my purchase is quality because I will have to find shipping to my region or have a friend bring it in for me. Our mail system is not like the U.s and our port taxes very appealing :(

I agree with Tahts, at the present time, you need two detectors to best use and take advantage of their capabilities. For salt water diving (up to 200 feet) an Excalibur would be my choice. A good all around land and shallow water machine is also made by Minelab.....the Equinox. The XP Deus is another great land machine, but, its not waterproof. Depending on your budget and hunting conditions, there are other choices too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they said. For underwater an Excalibur II would also be my choice. I use a Deus and it rocks. Other good land machines are some of the Garretts and Whites. It will be a matter of choice for a land machine and how much you want to spend on one. The Excalibur II and XP Deus are fairly expensive. The XP Orx is easier on the wallet and performs. The Tesoro brands are very good. I still own one but the company is out of business so I wouldn't buy one.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread