cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My TRX pin pointer went insane, so, it had to go see the doctor in Sweet Home Oregon. You turn it on and it started squawking and babbled uncontrollably. Sometimes it would turn itself on all by itself and not want to turn off. You couldn't get into the advanced settings mode either. Anyway, I went online, filled out the commitment form, wrapped it into a straight jacket, and shipped it to White's along with an explanation as to what it was doing. A week later, and a brand new pin pointer was at my door. That is nice quick service. My only nit on it is that my old pin pointer was the color I really liked (day-glo lime green), and the new one is just your basic black with an orange cap. No explanation as to what happened to the old one, or why I didn't get the same color new one. Not a big deal, I was just curious as to what happened, as, it was working great until the brain seizure. Kudos to White's for the quick service, it would just be nice to have some sort of communication that would explain the situation. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They probably didn't even troubleshoot it. Cheaper to just send a new one than pay a tech to dig into the old one. White's has set the gold bar for customer service. Nobody does it better.
Jim

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim in Idaho is probably correct. It costs too much to have the old one analyzed and worked on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions