digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding trash is a major part of metal detecting. If you don't dig the trash, you will miss treasures. Pull tabs eventually "turn " into gold rings. I once dug 105 pulltabs on a grassy beach area. They were so thick that i just stayed on my knees and crawled between targets. Three hours, 105 pulltabs, and ONE 14KT GOLD RING!. Keep at it. Great stuff will come. Keep ALL of your "trash" and lightly clean it at after the hunt and some of your trash could turn to treasure. I once had a "ring pull" turn into a sterling ring in the rinse off. GOOD LUCK !

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you're finding trash and nickels, you're in the zone. The good stuff will turn up.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading the manual and putting my detector together, I ventured out to an old school house site next door. What did I find you might ask???

Nothing! Well, lots of trash. I still enjoyed my time out there figuring my detector out. I’m sure trip #2 will be more productive.

I'd pretty much say that is how we ALL started out. Having said that, looking at the bucket in the back of my car, after 30+ years of detecting, hard to see where I've cut down on the trash much, but their have been some really great finds along the way. Hang in there Jbabycsx, and welcome to the hobby/obsession.

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am fairly new to the hobby myself. I have learned that once I clear the trash, I start finding good stuff. Good luck on your hunts!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it, you will find the goodies soon! :icon_thumleft:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the beach yesterday and was finding nothing but trash. Not even one coin. I felt like selling my Equinox 800 as soon as I got home. My wife was with me and ever the optimist she suggested we stop at a new section of the beach.
On this new section I started finding the coins and some bling that I couldn’t seem to find at the first beach.
I’m glad I listened to her. Don’t be shy about trying a new area to increase the good finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome you'll learn quickly make a test garden also

OP
OP
Jbabycsx

Jbabycsx

Sep 19, 2019
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome you'll learn quickly make a test garden also

Test garden? Like placing different objects out and try to distinguish what’s good and what’s bad?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread