Anybody use a tarsacci metal detector?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never heard of them until I read this post. Seems to be a new company, the machine is similar to the XP Deus and the Makro Multi Kruzer

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems kind of expensive for what you're getting, unless it performs much better than it's competition. There is only one coil option at the moment, the non-ferrous I.D. number range is only 1-30, you can't turn off the backlight, it's only rated for 1.5 meters (a bit over 4 1/2 feet) underwater, and even though there are 4 frequencies, you can only use one at a time, so, you have to choose one and hope it works better than the other choices. If it's your typical VLF circuitry and not some special "Voodoo" new tech, I don't see where it's going to be any better than some detectors half that price. I'd also like to hear feedback from anyone who has actually had some time in the field with one and can give an honest evaluation. Other than Dew, I haven't heard of any other hunters that claim more performance than machines already out there and for less money. The rather modest warranty (18 months) is not going to help their sales either. It's just suspiciously quiet for a detector that been out this long.

Last edited:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems kind of expensive for what you're getting, unless it performs much better than it's competition. There is only one coil option at the moment, the non-ferrous I.D. number range is only 1-30, you can't turn off the backlight, it's only rated for 1.5 meters (a bit over 4 1/2 feet) underwater, and even though there are 4 frequencies, you can only use one at a time, so, you have to choose one and hope it works better than the other choices. If it's your typical VLF circuitry and not some special "Voodoo" new tech, I don't see where it's going to be any better than some detectors half that price. I'd also like to hear feedback from anyone who has actually had some time in the field with one and can give an honest evaluation.

Tnsharpshooter has many videos.
Thread is 8 pages, good info.

Here it is:
https://www.detectorprospector.com/...s-and-videos-unit-received-12-15-2018/page/2/

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very few people have heard of them, even fewer use one. I was intrigued by the concept and interested, but they had a very limited rollout so I sat back to see the results from the people who did get one. Then the excitement seemed to fall away. Havent heard anything in a while.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tarsacci was designed to be a beach detector that can handle the salty black sand and can also be used for relic hunting. A better comparison against the tarsacci would be the Garrett ATX or Whites TDI.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except that it's not a PI machine, and therefor can discriminate.

OP
OP
D

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except that it's not a PI machine, and therefor can discriminate.

It’s said not to be a pi or a vlf and can discriminate. It will see through black sand better than a vlf and deeper. Depth in heavy black sand is comparable to a pi.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
cudamark right before i spend that much money i want to see go up against Nox 600 on a heavy black sand beach .....And if it beats a TDI in depth then may be its worth that prices ....Whats your need for a machine like this to much trash or to old like me

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s said not to be a pi or a vlf and can discriminate. It will see through black sand better than a vlf and deeper. Depth in heavy black sand is comparable to a pi.

Where do you see that it's not a VLF machine? It has 4 chooseable frequencies that look to be in the same range as other existing detectors. Now it's possible that they've figured a way of operating those frequencies to get better depth......who knows? Even PI machines don't see right through black sand. Their depth is reduced and limited too, just like VLF machines, just not to the same degree. Like I said before, until I see some head to head testing in the real world and same conditions, I'll hold off on shelling out that kind of money.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cudamark right before i spend that much money i want to see go up against Nox 600 on a heavy black sand beach .....And if it beats a TDI in depth then may be its worth that prices ....Whats your need for a machine like this to much trash or to old like me

Having a PI machine that can truly discriminate is something I'd like to have in my arsenal. I almost pulled the trigger on the TDI beach machine, but, I'm kinda waiting to see what the new Fisher Impulse/Manta, whatever they're going to finally call it, can so. From the videos of the prototype, it looks amazing. There again, real time hunting is the key here. Lab test, air tests, and staged demonstrations only go so far......and not far enough for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread