SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only suggestion is if you know where the front yard is versus the backyard of the home, start in the front yard first. In my experience, the owners seemed to open their back door and just throw out whatever they had to get rid of, but the front yard was most likely left alone.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got lots of iron on one of my sites. I turn the iron disc up to 30. Sensitivity as high as I can and stay stable. Iron audio, I change back and forth to determine an iron patch's general size. With mine set like that, trashy iron will grunt. Listen for any high tones in the grunts. Iron will affect you, but that detector will still read the non ferrous. I dig most anything with a solid signal and I still dig iron but relics attract me. PRO ZERO mode.

OP
OP
N

no_limits

Apr 8, 2017
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett's ace 250/ Garrett AT pro/ AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you I will try that.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smallfoot gave you good advice.
I use the Pro myself, and would say this. I broke an ear on my large coil, bought the 5 X 8, and haven’t noticed much difference in depth, but maybe a little better in separation. The trick with the large coil, is when you hear a target sound, use a very tight wiggle to pinpoint it. That way, you won’t hear other objects lying close to your target. As you wiggle your way back across the target, your coil could start picking up on a new object, so go 90 degrees, and pinpoint it again. Use the Pro mode, always. Run your iron disc at 30 - 35. I dig everything, because I find neat buttons, and rings, in the pultab range. You might try going over a area in coin mode first. That pretty much blanks out nails, bottle caps, and small iron bits. Be sure to overlap your swings. Good luck and let us know what you find.

OP
OP
N

no_limits

Apr 8, 2017
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett's ace 250/ Garrett AT pro/ AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you U.B. That helps alot I will let y'all know what I find

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm running the 5x8 too! I also have a super sniper coil and the only difference I've noticed with it is maybe a little easier to pinpoint with the small coil. I've gotten use to using the quick wiggle to pinpoint too and don't always go to the pinpoint feature on the Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread