central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, my wife and I are moving in the next 3 weeks, but we have been hammering on the packing and are nearly completely packed. So we decide to take a day off and get down to the beach to relax. OF course my 'relax' is to walk around for hours swinging a detector.
After about 4 hours in the salt water or the Gulf of Mexico, I suddenly felt something in my swimsuit pocket. And realized it was my cars electronic keyless key-fob!
So, I man up, and go tell the wife that we may be in trouble, as she doesn't have hers with her. So we decide to set the fob in the sun for a while before heading to the car.
Well, I take this extra time to dry off myself, by doing a little dry sand detecting. Well, sometimes bad things happen and turn good! Just as I was ready to go face the music, I got a great hit. This is what I scooped at only 4 inches:

IMG_20191007_181607933.jpg
IMG_20191007_201741593_HDR.jpg

14K Yellow gold Mans 6mm comfort type, size 12-1/2 band. Weighing a whopping 12.7 grams.

So, I count my blessings, we pack up and head for the car, and considering we're over 30 miles from home, figured it would be a while before we actually got back home. Beyond belief, lady luck was truly by my side today, as that electronic key fob, still functioned, letting us into the car, and starting it with the push-button start!

Here is the total days finds:
IMG_20191007_180802824.jpg

The ring has no engraving, but I will be checking prior lost & found posts for the beach I was visiting.

Thank You Detecting Gods & Lady Luck!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!!!:occasion14::skullflag:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a huge ring!! 50% larger than any gold ring I’ve found!

A ring for a giant perhaps??

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm glad your story had a good ending.:icon_thumright:

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a good day at the beach. For every action there is a positive and a negative reaction. In your case the negative action of having your key-fob
being on you, instead of a safer location, turned out to be a positive action of finding exactly what you set out to find, a ring and gold being the icing on the cake...oh that taste so good. keep hunting and explore the area you are moving to.
new adventures are just around the corner.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I wear a size 12 on my right ring finger and I'm 6'3" and 200lbs. Far from a giant.
That's a great find, grats and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a size 12 on my right ring finger and I'm 6'3" and 200lbs. Far from a giant.
That's a great find, grats and thanks for sharing.

Funny! I'm 6', 245 lbs, and right handed. This ring fits my LEFT ring finger just slightly loose, and won't go on my right hand ring finger.

But this ring weighs more than twice as much as my 12K gold wedding band! :wav: :icon_thumleft:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great heavy ring - congrats! And it would fit me too. I'm no giant but do take XL work gloves.

I like the stories of folks who find rings that fit them or the spouse.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Chip on the luck...both ways! Ya'll are probably getting anxious to move! Keep in touch!

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Chip on the luck...both ways! Ya'll are probably getting anxious to move! Keep in touch!
Right you are! I'll private message you when we are settled in enough. Looking forward to meeting you and doing some digg'n!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet chunk There! One thing for sure, you were blessed that day!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I find electronics in the ocean, the first thing I do is dowse them in fresh water (preferably distilled) and let them dry completely before operating them. I remove any covers or other things to help the drying process and will even use a hairdryer at times if I can do it without doing further damage. Some plastics will melt easily, so, be careful there! On phones and items that won't dry easily, I put them in a bag of uncooked rice and place the bag out in the sun to draw out the moisture. Some items will come back to life and work fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions