Just something that is on my mind -- Returning found treasures - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Just something that is on my mind -- Returning found treasures

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30298 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDAMEEK View Post
    DeepseekerADS, I appreciate your response, but PLEASE at least in this thread that I have started, could you PLEASE remove the implication that others that don't feel the same way as we do, are "i____s". I do not wish this thread to turn offensive, and that is offensive to many.

Please, and Thank You
    CCD, Deepseekers comment did not break any rules. He did not call any members on TreasureNet idiots, he made a general statement.
    DeepseekerADS and Keppy like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2019
    Upstate/Central NY, & central Florida
    Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030
    200 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    CCD, Deepseekers comment did not break any rules. He did not call any members on TreasureNet idiots, he made a general statement.
    Thank You for letting me know, but I never claimed he was in violation of any of the rules. I am just trying to keep this thread, which I started, completely civil, and simply asked him to please remove that potential inflammatory/offensive reference. Members with opposing views of mine and DeepseekersADS, will take offense.

I'm sure that we will hear from those members he generally referenced, but I hope that others will please keep this thread completely civil, and read all the posts with open minds, as I am trying to understand the differing views on this topic, which is why I started it to begin with.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.
    Freedom isn't free! Thank You to all who serve and protect both in the military and In Law Enforcement

OH how I LOVE this hobby!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18403 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Thank You for letting me know, but I never claimed he was in violation of any of the rules. I am just trying to keep this thread, which I started, completely civil, and simply asked him to please remove that potential inflammatory/offensive reference. Members with opposing views of mine and DeepseekersADS, will take offense.
    I'm sure that we will hear from those members he generally referenced, but I hope that others will please keep this thread completely civil, and read all the posts with open minds, as I am trying to understand the differing views on this topic, which is why I started it to begin with.
    Man, you're wrong, no offense intended ever!

Been around many a block, been shot at and missed - but Sh*t at and hit. I welcome you to the forum. Please don't be so sensitive - you'll see worse out there my friend.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30298 times

As long as members reply according to our rules they are welcome to disagree with someone's opinion.
    Keppy likes this.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7574 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by az46 View Post
    I have a class ring that I found and can't seem to find the guy.I even called the cops in hopes of some help(first time in my life) no help.Very frustrated!It even has his full name engraved on the inside.Anyone no what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    The police have more important things to do than run a lost and found.
    CCDAMEEK likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7574 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I've made at least 150 returns of various sorts and will continue to try to do more. It's just my personal desire and experience that compels me to do so. When you witness someone turn into a blubbering basket case (with joy) when you've returned a lost family heirloom or wedding ring, you'll know why I, and others do it. Have I run across people that have shown absolutely no appreciation for my efforts? Sure, but, the others mentioned above more than make up for the classless boobs you may encounter. I have found well over 1000 rings (and 100's of other personal items) that I can't find the owner. Returning one doesn't affect my lifestyle one bit, and improves my outlook and karma.
    CCDAMEEK and ColonelDan like this.

us
    Jul 2017
    Sonoran desert
    Equinox 800 , Garrett carrot
    23 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    The police have more important things to do than run a lost and found.
    I din't say that they should.Was looking for help,there's a difference.And as far as I remember,they do have a lost and found.The lady on the phone said I could turn it in.
    Last edited by az46; Oct 14, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    7574 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Yup, they have a lost and found (at least in our city). It's called a file cabinet. After the prescribed period of time, they empty the file cabinet and the contents go to an auction. They don't actively try to find the owner.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    30298 times
    Dont turn it in, odds are it will not reach the owner. You said it is class ring, call the school and tell them your trying to return a lost class ring you found and give them the name in the ring..
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    664 times
    Prospecting
    Several years ago i returned a 1977 class ring to the lady that lost it.Dont think she had it long as it wasnt worn anywhere all the edges were still sharp.. i didnt want a reward but was a little disappointed in her response.. Thats OK because for me it was a pleasure...

us
    Mar 2019
    Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
    Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
    49 times
    As far as Im concerned you owe no one an explanation , If people are going to be classless and rude then the heck with um . Common courtesy is a fading value in this great country of ours .

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    664 times
    Prospecting
    Thinking about this reminded me of something that happened to me about 3 yrs or so ago.. Theres a preetty safe to walk(not much traffic) road behind the golf course next to the community where i live, i had noticed this purse in the brush alongside of the road, on the way back i picked it up took it home and looked thru it. Wallet and drivers license there but of course it had been pilfered well. I called the lady to see how i could return it..
    Dont remember now what she said but ssoon a police car was in front if my place.. Anyway the officer got a little testy, i told him Hell im just trying to return this item and i don't need the 3rd degree about it. So sometimes good deeds can be a little trying.. But what the hell id do it again....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links