Ok I am the beach. Where to detect?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay I made it to the beach. Unfortunately I suspect lots of swinging and few finds. Carolina beach is huge and I don’t see lots of people! I figure around public access points, the pier, low lying cuts with rocks and debris exposed. Any other areas to look at? I have 7 days from today. Will keep you posted on my finds.

83125E6E-CDE7-49FD-8681-3FFE6296AE1E.jpeg

Upvote 0

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay I made it to the beach. Unfortunately I suspect lots of swinging and few finds. Carolina beach is huge and I don’t see lots of people! I figure around public access points, the pier, low lying cuts with rocks and debris exposed. Any other areas to look at? I have 7 days from today. Will keep you posted on my finds.

View attachment 1761625

Yep! All of them or anywhere in between! What you are looking for is where-ever someone lost it. The proverbial 'needle in a haystack'!

I myself have found most of my jewelry finds in waist deep or shallower water. But I have found good stuff in the dry sand as well. It's a crap shoot, so enjoy the beach and if you find something, that's all bonus!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to do some "Recon".

1) Get there early and take note where people congregate.

2) Ask at local,.... food places, surf shop, rental place, and people walking by,.......

"Where do people mostly set up their blankets and chairs?"
"What part of the beach do people wade out and swim?"

3)Check the parking situation.
People will not walk far from there, with ice chest, blankets, chairs, umbrella, etc.

4) Work fast, time flies when you're having fun.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a full week, no rush,take your time.....Set up a grid (from dunes to water) ,And as long N.or S. as you feel like hunting (-for a single day-). Next Morning move your grid and do it all over again till the entire beach(as far as you wanna go) has been detected.
Or, use the beach houses as references points for your grid (drawing a straight line, in your mind, from them & the ocean) as your start /stop points.
Or,using your 'foot prints' in the sand as reference points as to where you have been and where you wanna go.......Best a luck :)!
Oh, and hit the areas around the public port-a-pods

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’ve found nice things in all areas of the beach. I mostly stay with 50 yards of the beach entrance. In the dry sand areas, I focus on the towel line and areas of activity like volleyball and rental equipment areas in the early morning before the big rush or later in the evening when the depositors are leaving or have left. In the wet, I look for low spots and rippled areas and along the walk line. In the surf, I normally stay knee to thigh deep at low tide.

Bottom line however, gold is where it was lost and where it was found i.e. just about anywhere!

Good luck!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay in the water if you want jewelry and dry sand for coins. Good luck

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And oh yeah, the beaches can change overnight given the wave action and tides. Play those too. Nothing in one spot one day and tons of finds in the same spot the next. Good luck!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everywhere. Do a zig zag pattern. You really can't predict where you will find the goodies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very good advice! So far no big finds. Lots of sharp objects including a steak knife blade with no handle.. I liked the grid idea and found that dragging my scoop behind me made a nice line to mark where I have been.

5AF96E12-AA72-426F-AB38-B46D803B99C4.jpeg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very good advice! So far no big finds. Lots of sharp objects including a steak knife blade with no handle.. I liked the grid idea and found that dragging my scoop behind me made a nice line to mark where I have been.

View attachment 1761929

No problem.....6 days left....Hit it again tomorrow where you left off :)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good advice from all posts. I'm headed to the coast in November and will do some detecting. I've detected public parks before and this time I'm trying the public piers as well. Thanks for this post and good luck to you the rest of your trip.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve found a number of lead weights by the pier in my area good luck in November rook!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very informative!

So far Carolina beach has been a bust. I walked miles of beach at low tide only to find one bottle cap, two penny’s and some small pieces of iron. I had better luck around the beach access areas for coins but wound up digging lots of trash aluminum as well. I will try looking around a couple of the peers over the next couple days. Maybe I will have better luck there.
HH everyone!

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative!

So far Carolina beach has been a bust. I walked miles of beach at low tide only to find one bottle cap, two penny’s and some small pieces of iron. I had better luck around the beach access areas for coins but wound up digging lots of trash aluminum as well. I will try looking around a couple of the peers over the next couple days. Maybe I will have better luck there.
HH everyone!

Ammoman, we're needing an update from you! Just guessing, but you probably haven't found that 'needle in the haystack' yet. But hoping you have.

I've probably spent 200 or more hours working some of Florida's pan handle Gulf beaches, and until last week's ring find, found nothing worth mentioning. So many detectors working these beaches, and so much beach to try to cover, all you can do is keep swinging that coil and eventually you'll finally get over something good.
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions