Need some help about detecting in Washington State....

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
I am from Deep South Texas but in June of 2020 I will be traveling to Marysville, Washington and staying for 2 weeks. I will be staying with a friend that does not detect. I will ship my detector and accessories to him before I leave. I have no ideas what the laws are in Washington or in Marysville. I am 70 and will not be able to do any long hikes or over rough terrain. I would like to do some schools or parks to take up some of my time there. I would love to hear from you guys that live in that area with any suggestions on where I can and where I can not detect. Thank!

Upvote 0

scott jacobs

Apr 17, 2010
vancouver. wa. brush prairie / hockinson
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX / whites XLT/whites MXT and cobra beach magnet for water detecting.bulleye 2 pinpointer and the Garrett carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Horse shoe lake is not far from Marysville you will be on the Columbia river gorge it is wine country there im in Vancouver Washington about an hour and ahalf down river by where DB coopers money was found and not to far from mt st helens.as far as parks and schools go you can detect in them here.inless posted and the only one i know thats posted is blue lake.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
James, been detecting in WA state now for almost 30 years,
and never once have I had an issue.

Marysville is not one of the older areas in the state, but
you're not far from Snohomish and other areas that could
yield silver.

Have fun!

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Plat maps are a secret ive known for many yearss, they can be found at the local courthouse, the info on them is literally a history in itself, do i have to say more, these can be gotten anywhere and in any State....Hope the lights on now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread