~ Small Finds ~

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure everyone here comes across finds in every shape and size.

~ Post pictures of some of your smaller finds ~​

Little finds.JPG

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice display of charms .. in fact it's charming!

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a zip lock baggie with almost two fingers of all charms.
They are from when I used to go out searching twice a week or more for a number of years.

Ballerina slippers, little ponies, stars, etc.
When I moved the baggie got packed away in a box.
When I have a chance I'll poke around for it.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180722_161237.jpg

Tiny and thin silver ring I found a while back. Wife loves it but it bends too easily..

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1767340

Tiny and thin silver ring I found a while back. Wife loves it but it bends too easily..

Well done!
Nice find!

Reminds me I found a pinky ring,... maybe a toe ring?
Maybe a little kid's ring a time or two.

Not this one,......

Little sterling ring.JPG

But it's small, sterling, and bent up'

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done!
Nice find!

Reminds me I found a pinky ring,... maybe a toe ring?
Maybe a little kid's ring a time or two.

Not this one,......

View attachment 1767348

But it's small, sterling, and bent up'

Wow that is a little one. Nice little silver. I found a junk toe ring at a former sand volley ball court. The sand was gone. About the size of yours.

Yeah that ring I found was the second silver ring in an hour that day. So my first 2 silver rings in one hunt. Actually the very first hole I dug that day had one in it.

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a little one. Nice little silver. I found a junk toe ring at a former sand volley ball court. The sand was gone. About the size of yours.

Yeah that ring I found was the second silver ring in an hour that day. So my first 2 silver rings in one hunt. Actually the very first hole I dug that day had one in it.

Nice job!

Maybe you discovered a silver magnet and just didn't realize it.

LOL

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I straightened out the little sterling ring with my ring sizer and soft blows.

Size wise it was right on 3.

I dug in my little box of stuff and found a little copper ring.
Same style, a small cross that wraps around.

That one checks out at, well, half a division before 2.
(about 1 7/8 or so)

Cap.JPG

Little kid rings I think.

Attachments

• Two little rings.JPG
    Two little rings.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 61

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I straightened out the little sterling ring with my ring sizer and soft blows.

Size wise it was right on 3.

I dug in my little box of stuff and found a little copper ring.
Same style, a small cross that wraps around.

That one checks out at, well, half a division before 2.
(about 1 7/8 or so)

View attachment 1767399

Little kid rings I think.

Nice it straightened real well. Still funny to me that people put jewelry on small children. Mine cant keep track of their darn gloves lol.

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice it straightened real well. Still funny to me that people put jewelry on small children. Mine cant keep track of their darn gloves lol.

Mine lost, a Leatherman Super Tool, she talked me out of my favorite Red Cap jacket,....
lost it in under a week,..... I think there is a second Leatherman in there somewhere.

What is it with kids now a days?

"In my day we walked uphill, both ways, to and from school, in the snow, and rain,....."
And we didn't loose anything.

LOL

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh geeze well i hope they turn up somewhere.. Who knows but mine have found a toasted IHP in the coin star.. AND picked up my detector for 30 seconds and swung over a 56 Washington quarter. " Dad i think i found something..."

Lifes great moments :laughing7:

Oh dont forget doing all that walking to school barefoot too..

OP
OP
S

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh geeze well i hope they turn up somewhere.. Who knows but mine have found a toasted IHP in the coin star.. AND picked up my detector for 30 seconds and swung over a 56 Washington quarter. " Dad i think i found something..."

Lifes great moments :laughing7:

Now that's a pay off!

Oh dont forget doing all that walking to school barefoot too..

Oh yes,... that's right,.... we walked on stumps, because we couldn't afford feet.

LOL

PS: And we still didn't loose anything.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All say so. Someday when they are older i try bringing them with on hunts.

Lol that must have been painful:laughing7:

Monte Venier

Nov 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now for a large find.....When I was in the USAF stationed in Germany we found a body with a metal detector ! (Actually it was during a US/German metal detectoring club field trip). Our German member hit metal at 7 inches and he stated that it was the size of a silver dollar as we were ever so careful not to dig up anything metal due to live ordnance from WWI and WWII. Since his screen said something like a coin on it we let him dig it up as we stood back 30 yards or so. He said he hit a top of a sword or bayonet or a railroad tie (We were 20 feet away from an old RR track).... Well he shimmied it out of the ground and it was indeed a bayonet or a sword...as we all grouped in closer to see the item... He kicked it against the side of his boot to get the excess dirt off it and then our "Old German" man of the group immediately called it -- it was a bayonet from WWI ! (1914-1919)... The German who dug it out was really happy as these things go for a lot or Euros ! As the German started to bury up the hole the "Old German" asked him what he was doing...The younger German replied by saying "There's no more metal down here I'm burying the hole back up"... The old German replied "Man there's probably a soldier under there keep on digging!" We were all astonished.... we all pitched in helping him dig deeper and sure enough there was a skeleton with a mostly decomposed uniform on! The German police were called in as we immediately stopped digging...The called in the foreinsics crew etc. and it was indeed a WWI soldier who died in combat ! The Old German said what the did back in the day was they hastedly did makeshift wartime graves and once the body was buried they would stick the soldier's rifle in the ground bayonet first then put his helmet on the butt of the rifle...then what happen when the area was safe looters etc. would try and steal the rifles etc. by grabbing them quickly out of the ground....With this particular soldier, the looter pulled the rifle at a sharp angle and a quick speed and broke off the bayonet from the rifle and the bayonet stayed in the ground for approximately 92 years. Note: The grandkids invited us to the funeral 3 weeks later (They somehow found out his ID dog tag (That was missed by the detector I suppose or paperwork that the elements did not deteriorate). It was by far my best metal detector experience ever overseas or stateside!

Monte Venier

Nov 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note: Had countless joint U.S./German field trips...Lost count on how many 3rd Reich Nazi coins we found....Found numerous Prussian and Roman coins as well. They always seem to give us the Nazi coins as Germans I was told at the time were really not allowed to have them or if they did they had to register them so they did not want to hassle with that so they just gave them to us Americans to take back stateside as sovieneirs.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! Thanks and welcome to T-NET.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little finds. I, too, have found a lot of little items over the years... still have a bunch of them around in that great "somewhere!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions